Is It Illegal To Post Fish?

I know it is not illegal using USPS in the US. I believe that when mailing fish you should always put "Live Fish" on all sides of the box. This makes it clear to everyone what is in the box. If you try to mail the box illegally, they simply won't take it. Not notifying what is in the box is going to change the way it is handled and if fish are found in the box when they shouldn't be. It will be stopped some where and the fish will most likely die before they make it back to who ever mailed them.

Ahh, this thread confused me so much. We don't say "post" in the US; we say "mail!" :eek: It confused the crap out of me...

In the UK - Yes.

TriMar Aquaria in Cornwall do - I usually pick up stock when I'm down visiting my Girlfriend's mum and Dad. We usually get them to bag the stock up and bring it back home (3 hour drive and we've not had a problem yet)

I've also used their mail order service and it's top notch. As an example, I recently bought 5 Torpedo barbs. They came individually bagged with extra bags to maintain water temperature, heat packed and insulated in a large polystyrene box. They were sent via courier for £10. Excellent quality, all arrived well and settled into their new home with no issues.

If you wanted to mail order stock I recommend them. www.trimar.co.uk

Ahh, this thread confused me so much. We don't say "post" in the US; we say "mail!" :eek: It confused the crap out of me...

yah in canada we say mail to. I thought people ment posting on forums or somthing! lol. who else lives in canada? bloddy cold here!

Most reactions

Back