Indie's dead...?

Awww my heart goes out to you, actually you are nearly making me cry cause i know there is nothing i can say to console you. :-( :-(
Just think about how much joy she gave you and all the good memories of her it sounds like she was a beautiful character!

I hope your other parrots are okay sounds like they had a fright as well!

My thoughts are with you Jess if you need to chat Pm me and i'll get back to you asap.

I've kinda been neglecting the other two.... :( Ive spent most of the last 48 hours looking for Indie. Magic seems ok, just a bit more jumpy and very clingy - he keeps shouting if i leave him alone... Molly's really depressed... :-( I bought Indie less than a month after i got Molly and they'd never really been away from each other, and they're both only babies still really so she's taking it quite badly - and she's started chewing her feathers up again... :sad:

They'll be ok though... Ive stopped looking for Indie now so im going to try and cheer them up a bit, maybe buy them some new toys or something... :/

Jess

aloaring said:
*Runs up to Jess and the parrots and gives them all a big big BIG hug *

Lol... awww.. Thank you... :*) I think we are all feeling a bit depressed...

*Group Hug!!* lol

Jess

Hi Jess

I'm so sorry to hear about Indie's disappearance. Don't give up yet though; perhaps she is still nearby.

That picture of her is spectacular. She is so beautiful. :nod: I just have to nominate her for POTM!

Inchworm said:
Hi Jess

I'm so sorry to hear about Indie's disappearance. Don't give up yet though; perhaps she is still nearby.

That picture of her is spectacular. She is so beautiful. :nod: I just have to nominate her for POTM!

Thank you :)

I havent given up just yet - ive told all the neighbours, vets, RSPCA etc... I've just given up walking round looking for her... She's not in any of the fields, and the other two need attention...

The worst thing is that i may never know where she's gone or if someone has just found her a kept her... I'll just have to hope i get her back :)

Jess

Hi Jess :)

This is just an idea, but have you thought about getting in touch with any of your local media? :unsure:

This is the kind of human interest story that they might be interested in, and which could get results if she has been found by someone already. Remember, at this point it's not only a local matter, but Indie has people all around the world interested in her welfare. If need be, we can help by emailing a tv station, or other media to show our support for you. :nod:

Thats a good idea :)

I have been in touch with my local Parrot Rescue centre who will put notices in various bird-related magazines and stuff, but if i havent found her in a week or so i'll definately try the local newspaper or something! :) Maybe even the news!!

Im hoping that if someone does pick her up they wouldnt keep her cos she's not too friendly with strangers, especially when she's scared... Though, obviously she's worth a lot of money so im sure some evil people would just sell her :grr:

I'll keep you all updated though!! And if anyone hears of any Greys being found (alive or dead! I just want to know :sad: ) please let me know!!!

Jess

Hi Jess :)

I would suggest you contact a TV station, if you have a somewhat local one.

You are offering them a story about 1) a nice young lady who has a 2) sad story about a lost pet that 3) their viewers can do something to help. Add to that the fact that 4) she keeps other birds (which they can show on the tv) and 5) unusual fish (which also make interesting tv viewing) and you also have 6) great pictures of the lost bird, and what do you have? The answer seems to me that it is just the kind of story the tv media would love to help with. If you call them, be sure to tell them all these things.

It's worth a try anyway, and it would reach out to a lot of people who would be happy to help you. And, like I mentioned earlier, if you get an email address of the station or reporter, I'll send an email to them in support and I'll also pm 3 members asking them to do the same, and asking them to pm 3 more members and/or other people. It would be very interesting to see what would happen. :nod:

If there is any possibility that Indie is still alive and can be returned, I think it would be a shame to pass up the chance to help.

Good luck :thumbs:

I'm so sorry,Jess. I hope you get some sort of closure :/

The media could very well be the ticket. A few years ago a dearly beloved parrot from a local garden center was stolen. They aired the story on the news and offered a reward. Sure enough someone stepped up and said they knew where the birds were,and they were recovered. I wish you a happy ending. My heart breaks for you and your other birds :( (and your poor mama)

im so sorry to hear about your parrot loss :-(
My mom had a parrot be he went aswell sorry.

James

Hey..

Thanks everyone.. Its really nice to have all the support from you guys! :)

The only problem with the TV thing is that im about 90% sure that she's already dead... :sad: As i said i live literally in the middle of nowhere and if she did fly off, with her wings clipped she wouldnt have got very far. This will be her third night out and its been very cold so if something hasn't attacked her she may well have died from the cold weather and rain we've been having here... :-(

But thanks for the suggestions! Im certainly thinking of contacting the local newspaper to see if they can do anything, just incase, by some miracle, she is still alive!!

:)

Jess

OMG....
i don't know what to day
that is so horrible
i am really hopings turn out for the best :-( :-( :-(
keep us updated

Pointy_kitty said:
OMG....
i don't know what to day
that is so horrible
i am really hopings turn out for the best :-( :-( :-(