Idk what’s wrong ):

Have you added anything new to the tank? What have you used in the tank for the past week? Have you done what Colin has asked you to do?
A bubbler is new but boiled the tubing and the bubbler itself before putting it in. The tetra are about a month old. Yes I did everything Colin said to do ):

Fish have a thin layer of clear mucous over their body. It helps them move through the water easier and also provides a first line of defence against water quality and disease organisms.

If the fish get stressed they produce more mucous and then particles in the water can stick to the mucous and make it look like there are things on the fish.

---------------
Filters shouldn't throw out white particles after they are cleaned. If there is fine sand or something else in the water, it might get picked up by some filters and blown around the tank.
Yes, there are some water conditioners that you can get that help replenish their mucus layer. I personally use one of these. (Not sure on the brand, I'll check tomorrow)

Yes, there are some water conditioners that you can get that help replenish their mucus layer. I personally use one of these. (Not sure on the brand, I'll check tomorrow)
those ones contain aloe and are actually really bad for the fish.

Guys I really feel like giving up. I lost 3 fish just today with only 8 left. It looks like a combo infection of ich and some sort of bacterial idk anymore I can’t find anything that describes or looks like what they have. None of the medication I need is available through amazon and the stores that have it aren’t open after I get off of work ): it looks like Columnaris and ich since they’re turning white on top but it still doesn’t explain my one fish with swim bladder problems. This sucks

Guys I really feel like giving up. I lost 3 fish just today with only 8 left. It looks like a combo infection of ich and some sort of bacterial idk anymore I can’t find anything that describes or looks like what they have. None of the medication I need is available through amazon and the stores that have it aren’t open after I get off of work ): it looks like Columnaris and ich since they’re turning white on top but it still doesn’t explain my one fish with swim bladder problems. This sucks
im so sorry things are going this way for you. I lost my entire tank to columnaris a couple years back and almost gave up on the hobby altogether

those ones contain aloe and are actually really bad for the fish.
Tops of the guppies look like this. I definitely have ich which I’m attempting to treat and isn’t going well. Ich most obvious on my ottos and tetra. Seemingly none on my guppies and one of them turned into a c and swam in corkscrews. 2 of the tetra died but barely had any white spots on them. I feel like I’m dealing with a mystery killer or a combo of stuff
B62AF5A8-62E3-46C0-80BE-A1D6A73AF732.png
AD25F486-078F-46B4-B648-32AE28F99A56.jpeg

im so sorry things are going this way for you. I lost my entire tank to columnaris a couple years back and almost gave up on the hobby altogether
I feel like I’m going to as well and it makes me cry because I feel like such a terrible fish owner. I hope my guppies make it they’re seeming to be a bit livelier and no white spots on them hardly. I’m treating with super ich cure and on third day with salt as well and it’s only seeming to get worse. I water change daily and siphon gravel every other. I replaced the sponge that was spitting white. I’m waiting on my api general cure to come which won’t be until Friday and I’m not even sure they’ll make it till then. I won’t be surprised if I take a break for a while

I feel like I’m going to as well and it makes me cry because I feel like such a terrible fish owner. I hope my guppies make it they’re seeming to be a bit livelier and no white spots on them hardly. I’m treating with super ich cure and on third day with salt as well and it’s only seeming to get worse. I water change daily and siphon gravel every other. I replaced the sponge that was spitting white. I’m waiting on my api general cure to come which won’t be until Friday and I’m not even sure they’ll make it till then. I won’t be surprised if I take a break for a while
I understand. is your temp high enough for the ich? hopefully the meds make it in time

I understand. is your temp high enough for the ich? hopefully the meds make it in time
Yeah it is but unfortunately if the secondary issue is bacterial the high temp will spread it faster. I’m debating putting the fish I want to live the most in a 3.5 gallon sick tank that I’m currently rinsing with a bleach mixture as one of my fish died in it. Maybe the lower water volume will speed up the fishes recovery but I’m also scared that the lack of a cycle and the stressful move will just make it worse

Yeah it is but unfortunately if the secondary issue is bacterial the high temp will spread it faster. I’m debating putting the fish I want to live the most in a 3.5 gallon sick tank that I’m currently rinsing with a bleach mixture as one of my fish died in it. Maybe the lower water volume will speed up the fishes recovery but I’m also scared that the lack of a cycle and the stressful move will just make it worse

Don’t give up. I recently killed my whole shrimp colony. I was done and then found a few little survivors and that has kept me going. The way my tank is going it’s going through a mini re cycle with all the cleaning etc but thank god for prime and daily water changes otherwise they’d be gone too. Have you got aquarium salt, honestly I swear by this stuff!! Was never a big fan at all until Colin told me to use it for a be if my blue eyes health issue and have never looked back from it

Because you have an Otto I presume they are from the pleco family of scaleless fish (I don’t know much about them but they are beautiful) maybe put him in the separate tank and only half dose his tank and keep the temp up on that too.

Don’t give up. I recently killed my whole shrimp colony. I was done and then found a few little survivors and that has kept me going. The way my tank is going it’s going through a mini re cycle with all the cleaning etc but thank god for prime and daily water changes otherwise they’d be gone too. Have you got aquarium salt, honestly I swear by this stuff!! Was never a big fan at all until Colin told me to use it for a be if my blue eyes health issue and have never looked back from it
I do have aquarium salt and have been using it and I hope at least one or two of them make it ):

Because you have an Otto I presume they are from the pleco family of scaleless fish (I don’t know much about them but they are beautiful) maybe put him in the separate tank and only half dose his tank and keep the temp up on that too.
I will thank you :) and yes he’s scaleless. Just a tad worried because the tank won’t be cycled due to me cleaning it out after my guppy died in it

Have you got a spare filter etc. Take some media from your established tank filter and put it in the other filter and some of the tank water. I know you need to wait at least 24 hours but obviously you can’t in this situation. Please correct me if I’m wrong. With the Ich you need to do a 75% - 90% water change, substrate clean and inside glass clean. Temp needs to be raised and Increase aeration/ surface turbulence to maximise oxygen levels in the water for 2 weeks but I’m not sure how you can do this while you are treating with aquarium salt for the bacteria infection if this is what it is. Maybe @Colin_T can help out abit more for you hun as I don’t want to give you information that could be incorrect for the situation. Good luck

Will do thank you :) and yes they are
Have you got a spare filter etc. Take some media from your established tank filter and put it in the other filter and some of the tank water. I know you need to wait at least 24 hours but obviously you can’t in this situation. Please correct me if I’m wrong. With the Ich you need to do a 75% - 90% water change, substrate clean and inside glass clean. Temp needs to be raised and Increase aeration/ surface turbulence to maximise oxygen levels in the water for 2 weeks but I’m not sure how you can do this while you are treating with aquarium salt for the bacteria infection if this is what it is. Maybe @Colin_T can help out abit more for you hun as I don’t want to give you information that could be incorrect for the situation. Good luck
i set up the tank with one of the filters I was using and partial tank water from the old one. No gravel and only well rinsed fake plants that weren’t in the infected tank. Heat has been raised with salt in and half a dose of ich treatment. If I’m being honest it already looks like they’re less dots on my ottos.

Most reactions

Back