Idk what’s wrong ):

Does the filter have carbon in it? Carbon will remove medication from the water
Im highly confused at this point and no it’s more of a sponge filter. I’m not even sure it’s ich anymore but my do have white bits on them and flash. My filter keeps spitting out white particles though and I’m starting to believe that’s my culprit is the particles are sticking to my fish

The safest way to treat white spot is to raise the water temperature to 30C (86F) and keep it there for 2 weeks.

Before raising the temperature, do the following:
Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. Wash filter media/ materials in a bucket of tank water and re-use the media. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn.

Do a 75-90% water change and gravel clean the substrate before raising the temperature. This will reduce any parasites in the water and gravel.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Increase aeration/ surface turbulence to maximise oxygen levels in the water.

Have a coverglass on the tank and insulate the base, back and sides with polystyrene foam so the heater doesn't have to work as hard. This is more of an issue in cold rooms.

The safest way to treat white spot is to raise the water temperature to 30C (86F) and keep it there for 2 weeks.

Before raising the temperature, do the following:
Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. Wash filter media/ materials in a bucket of tank water and re-use the media. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn.

Do a 75-90% water change and gravel clean the substrate before raising the temperature. This will reduce any parasites in the water and gravel.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Increase aeration/ surface turbulence to maximise oxygen levels in the water.

Have a coverglass on the tank and insulate the base, back and sides with polystyrene foam so the heater doesn't have to work as hard. This is more of an issue in cold rooms.
I’ve raised my temperature a few days ago and added aquarium salt as well. I’ve been regularly cleaning the gravel and performing water changes. I have an air stone going as well. I cleaned the filter as well and then it spit out white particles everywhere which made all my fish start flashing. Could the white spots be particles from my filter stuck to my fish? As this happened directly after putting in a new filter.

Fish have a thin layer of clear mucous over their body. It helps them move through the water easier and also provides a first line of defence against water quality and disease organisms.

If the fish get stressed they produce more mucous and then particles in the water can stick to the mucous and make it look like there are things on the fish.

---------------
Filters shouldn't throw out white particles after they are cleaned. If there is fine sand or something else in the water, it might get picked up by some filters and blown around the tank.

Fish have a thin layer of clear mucous over their body. It helps them move through the water easier and also provides a first line of defence against water quality and disease organisms.

If the fish get stressed they produce more mucous and then particles in the water can stick to the mucous and make it look like there are things on the fish.

---------------
Filters shouldn't throw out white particles after they are cleaned. If there is fine sand or something else in the water, it might get picked up by some filters and blown around the tank.
Thank you!

Looks like little dude has swim bladder ): he’s in a sick tank now and being treated I hope he makes it. I went to a fish store and talked to them and they tested my water and said it was good as well. They were just as stumped as I am. ):

Looks like little dude has swim bladder ): he’s in a sick tank now and being treated I hope he makes it. I went to a fish store and talked to them and they tested my water and said it was good as well. They were just as stumped as I am. ):
How are you treating it? Did they give you the exact readings? Many fish store employees dont know what good readings are

How are you treating it? Did they give you the exact readings? Many fish store employees dont know what good readings are
Same readings I’ve posted on here before. It just assured me my strips were working.

Nor how to give good advice.
They just told me the same advice you all have given me. Luckily he was pretty knowledgeable (I’ve spoken to people who know nothing about fish and it makes me laugh ) my one fish has swim bladder I’m pretty sure he’s swimming in circles on the bottom which means some sort of bacterial infection or parasite. My api general cure comes the 24th so hopefully the little dude makes it until then. He’s in a quarantine tank and both are being treated for ich along with aquarium salt and bacterial medication for when the ich falls off of them and temps are raised. I’m skipping feeding for a few days with both tanks and I replaced my filter that was putting out white particles. Water change done today and a gravel vacuum. Hopefully all this work pays off and they get well soon :)

No idea what’s going on anymore ): one guppy turned into a C and is swimming in circles in his sick tank. I think he’s going to die. Woke up to a dead tetra. My other guppies are whiteish and acting funny. I’ve done all that you all told me but I feel like I’m going to lose all my fish but my ottos ):. I wish I knew what was going on.

No idea what’s going on anymore ): one guppy turned into a C and is swimming in circles in his sick tank. I think he’s going to die. Woke up to a dead tetra. My other guppies are whiteish and acting funny. I’ve done all that you all told me but I feel like I’m going to lose all my fish but my ottos ):. I wish I knew what was going on.
I’m so sorry your fish has died, wish I knew how to help! I hope u can sort the problem and save the rest.

Have you added anything new to the tank? What have you used in the tank for the past week? Have you done what Colin has asked you to do?

Most reactions

Back