I Have Given Up On My Fishless Cycle ... Enough Is Enough.

Lord Zogat

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well after more than 3 months, and levels never dropping as they should have with any degree of comparison, I have decided since at one point I had a touch of nitrate and nitrite, its as good as it gets.

I have been booting levels of ammonia back to 4ppm for over 3 months now waiting to see the 12 hour turn around. Never happens.

Dropped temp back down to 78 degree and removed about 90% of the water today and cleaned the tank, filled with water and new stress coat dechlorinator and will order fish tomorrow and put them in tuesday.

I was really eager to see the fishless cycle progress but think I gave it a fiar chance with over 3 months of diligent testing and restocking of ammonia to 4ppm. No one seems to be able to figure out why my tank is not cycling.

I have two bridged tanks, a 10 gallon and a 20 gallon.

Going with 2 clown plecos
12 platy fish
a few dainos and maybe a few tetras.

During the 3+ month period, my water bridge never failed once. The algae built up a bit as stringy greenish brown hair like stuff but that was it.

Well hope the new fish like their home. Picking fish up the same day they are shipped, they won't even touch the LFS tanks.

Ph had risen to 8.0 and stayed there. I won't bother with cycle, haven't herd much good about it.

Yah I am eager to see the bridge in action as well. If they do use it I might also add a tower.

christ, never heard it take that long, can understand your frustration!!! have you tried adding some mature media from someone else's tank?

I've used bio-spira before and it seems to work great within just a few days.

i've heard a lot about this "bio spira" but no one seems to know where to get it from, sounds great! :fish:

Most reactions

Back