I Found A Snail In My Tank

daniel_2kaii9

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey, i cleaned my tank out today and i found a snail on one of the rocks in the tank how did it get in my tank i havent bought eny snails enyone know ?

Most probarly came from live plants that you brought. If they can get to a lot of food you will soon be over run, so control how much you feed your fish.

if i put a bowl out my back with water plants and stones in it would i find some snails in the bowl in a few days ? lol

hey, i found a snail in my tank 2day know if i put a bowl out my back with water plants and stones in it would i find some snails in the bowl in a few days ? lol i want some snails for my tank and my pet shop dont sell eny =[
thanks

hey, i cleaned my tank out today and i found a snail on one of the rocks in the tank how did it get in my tank i havent bought eny snails enyone know ?

I noticed 1 little snail a week ago or so...but now they're like 7...and getting bigger each day, i'm getting excited about their growth, though I heard they can be pests because of how fast they reproduce...which seems kinda true, anyway my guess is the plant I bought had snail eggs and they hatched eventually...

I noticed 1 little snail a week ago or so...but now they're like 7...and getting bigger each day, i'm getting excited about their growth, though I heard they can be pests because of how fast they reproduce...which seems kinda true, anyway my guess is the plant I bought had snail eggs and they hatched eventually...

if i put a bowl out my back with water plants and rocks in the bowl will there be some snails in there in a few days ? lol

if i put a bowl out my back with water plants and rocks in the bowl will there be some snails in there in a few days ? lol

I'm not exactly sure snails come out of nowhere you know...i reckon when they handed the plant to me there were a coupleof snails in the tank, probably they mated and left eggs on the plant...that's the only explanation that makes sense to me, because no matter how you put it, I find it impossible for a snail to randomly appear out of plants...

If you want to remove IT, just leave a piece of lettuce in the tank overnight, and then lift it out in the morning, hopefully the snail will be on it. But as i said, you only have 1 atm, so just watch how much you are feeding your fish and they wont multiply.

errr.. well if you want more.. feed your fish more,, leave more food lying around the tank! :) But the might make your filter crash

On a side note: OP wants more snails :huh:

If you want to remove IT, just leave a piece of lettuce in the tank overnight, and then lift it out in the morning, hopefully the snail will be on it. But as i said, you only have 1 atm, so just watch how much you are feeding your fish and they wont multiply.

i dont want 2 get rid of them if thats what u mean lol i want 2 get more do u know how i can get more ? lol

i aint got enymore live plants in my tank now but i put the plants in a bowl out my back garden will there be more snails in the bowl in a few days ?
if not what if i put some food in the bowl see if eny appear lol ?

Snails happen -
I've tyried my best to keepthem out of my tank - carefully checking any plants
before they go in.
Yet I keep finding tiny little ones crawling up the glass - or the filter etc.
I always remove them, then a couple of days later another one appears.
I think its called "immaculate conception" !

Most reactions

Back