Huge 900g Tank Project

Well then, the electrics are now pretty much done, so a chance for a few pictures of the fish.

First up will naturally be the impressive silver aro:

DSCF2451.jpg

DSCF2453.jpg

DSCF2464.jpg

DSCF2492.jpg

DSCF2500.jpg

And the dorado

DSCF2474.jpg

DSCF2507.jpg

And here's the aro and the dorado together

DSCF2437.jpg

DSCF2479.jpg

Somewhat of a group shot

DSCF2442.jpg

And the smaller lima, which really does look tiny in this tank

DSCF2439.jpg

The peacock bass was not impressed with the photo session

DSCF2496.jpg

But one of the more sedantry catfishes was less bothered by the apparent intrusion

DSCF2506.jpg

Next up is a fish's eye view of the room

DSCF2513.jpg

And in case any of you haven't worked out how these pictures were obtained:

DSCF2514.jpg

DSCF2515.jpg

The second picture above really gives an idea for the size of the aro, remembering I am 5'9 and 86kg.

And for good measure, have a couple of videos, and experience what it is like to be in a mod's tank

looking good cfc
andy, you need to loose some of that chubbiness :p

Fantastic work and great pics/vids from andy :) thats one impressive tank! That aro is huge :hyper:

Thanks for posting those andy, and for sitting in the tank to take them, though i have a sneaky suspision you were thoroughly enjoying yourself :lol:

Another big thankyou has to go again to Andy and my friend Tony for giving up their Saturday afternoon to wire in all the lights and sockets to run the room, i'm hopeless with electrics and without them i would still be nowhere near ready to move the rest of the tanks in. As it stands i hope to be doing the move maybe as soon as next weekend.

...and a tank update, i added five BIG redhook silver dollars today and their presense has really made the tank as they fill the void where a school of fish should be, will post some photos later today once they have settled in a bit more.

Looking great CFC, good pics and videos Andy.
I would have thought red hooks would have been eaten?
That aro really is ace.

realy nice aquarium, i know what i aould like when got the cash. are u putting a substrate? what else have u planned for the tank?

cant wait for some more pics.

chris

Most reactions

Back