Huge 900g Tank Project

What lighting are you gonna be using metal halide?

Ive got an office type ceiling mounted flourescent unit which takes two 5 foot tubes and has built in reflectors fitted above the tank, i'm just waiting for someone to come and wire everything up for me as i'm not sure enough of my own workmanship to mess about with the electrics that essentially keep my fish alive.

Hi There,

regarding backgrounds, shelves and plataues, etc. I found a guy who makes and sells awesome backgrounds on eBay. He can make them to any design you want. I'm sure if you spoke to him, he'd be happy to give you a major discount for the exposure this projeect could give him. Take a look at his site, his bg's look fantastic.

http://www.fishyrocks.com/

Dave

Those are very nice but i already have a background on the tank, i simply used the polystyrene backgrounds from 11 Exo Terra vivariums and stuck them to the glass with silicon.

I've got the first few fish in the tank now, pictures will follow once the bacterial bloom caused by the mature filter media clears.

hey very nice tank, what are your first fish

what fish are you planning on getting as a lot of fish would be lost in that tank

First to go in were the two Liearius pictus, silver arowana and dorado as they were the fish in greatest need of more space, i'll be adding the rest of my big south americans a few at a time over the next 2 weeks with the sting rays going in last.

I dont really have any plans to add anything new to this tank, its purpose was to give the fish i have a better quality of life and free up the 200g and a few smaller tanks for some new fish. With the 4 fish i've already added there is around 90 inches of fish so by the time i've put the rest of the fish in it will be pretty well stocked anyway.

holy mother of moses that's big!!!!!!

nice tank CFC, You've obviously been busy recently. pics with fishies in now please???!

Be patient people, the tank is go through a little running in phase and only has about a foot of visabilty, as soon as the bacterial bloom has settled back down there will be pictures.

Be patient people, the tank is go through a little running in phase and only has about a foot of visabilty, as soon as the bacterial bloom has settled back down there will be pictures.

Im sure the fish will love all the extra space to spread their fins :)

just googled the Liearius pictus MY GOD wonderful looking fish :drool: :drool:
Can't wait to see full tank shots.

The bacterial bloom has cleared over night leaving the tank crystal clear and the fish looking very happy with their new home so here are some pictures i took this morning before i add the sand and some more decore, just in case the water clouds up again.

Not the best quality in the world but i'm having real problems with the light levels in the room, i'm sure Andywg and Nina will get some better ones soon when they come over with their fancy SLR camera next.

The whole tank

full_tank_forum.jpg

silver arowana and dorado cruising around

dorado_and_arowana_forum.jpg

another of the arowana

arowana_1_forum.jpg

Hmmm they all look lost lol. Is that a lima in there aswell???? I think the rays will love it in there.

and another

arowana_2_forum.jpg

The peacock bass checking out the floating driftwood

p_bass_forum.jpg

good to see the dorado has grown some.

The tank looks better with water and fish CFC
good job :good:

Most reactions

Back