How Have You Raised Money?

invader

I'm a girl.
Reaction score
What crazy things have you done to get the next big tank? I've been thinking about selling the majority of my tanks and having a huge garage sale, so I can afford a 125gl, but it's going to take a while. When I worked at a LFS, most of my money went into mts and when the LFS closed, I got a lot of empty tanks (doh!). So what have you done?

Poked my bf until he went out and got another :p lol

Nah.. seriously..........

I just used the food money he gave me when he went out of town for a few days to buy my 10gallon tank..... muahaha
And our new little hex... I just got him to see the light of getting a bigger Q/H tank :D

Not sure what I'll have to do to get my 55+ gallon tank... heh...

well what i did was i started off putting away 50 dollars to start me off then, now what im doing is i save all the coin change i get and when it gets to be a good amount i turn it into cash. The other thing i do to add to that is everytime u buy something, any 1 dollar bills you get back, put them away. they really start to add up. i have been saving using those two ways for 2 and half months and i have 210 dollars saved and its not taking much money away from spending money to go out and stuff.

Good Luck

i just spend the money that should go into doing the house up and clearing debts to pay for fishy stuff instead :rolleyes: not a case of raising money as such as i earn an alright wage, not loads but enough to get by on, i just sometimes choose to spend it on thing i shouldnt

well its even harder when your at school, i sell the occasional guppy etc and starting to sell corys soon, paper round and odd jobs like washing cars etc, also save your school dinner money and thats £10 a week,
May have to do that £1 thing so any one pound coins will go into a little bottle or somthing

Since I'm still at school I get all of $5 Au as allowance. I forget about the money most of the time, and then check out how much I have, find $200 has miraculously appeared in my account and go buy another tank... LOL can you tell I generally don't care about money? But I think my MTS is growing rapidly, now have 5 tanks going and am looking at a sixth LOL.

well what i did was i started off putting away 50 dollars to start me off then, now what im doing is i save all the coin change i get and when it gets to be a good amount i turn it into cash. The other thing i do to add to that is everytime u buy something, any 1 dollar bills you get back, put them away. they really start to add up.

yea, i do that.
tip: £1 coins go nicely into a large grolsche bottle (you know - the cool ones with the wafty lid!) and theyre a pain to get out so your not tempted!
i managed to save about 90 quid last term out of my loose pound coins. all very well til my best mate from home came up and i ended up pissing it all away in the pub! :crazy:

My little brother filled a 1.5L Grolsh bottle with pound coins. When it was full, the £800 (!) paid for him to go to Mexico with Mrs little brother.

I don't raise money, when I want something I just buy it :lol:
Unfortunately things I need might get neglected though but I just can't help it.
I setup my first tank 2 months ago and I still haven't completly finished it, I've bought my 2nd tank which is waiting to be setup, and I'm already planning my 3rd :hyper:

Most reactions

Back