How Do Your Partners Feel

grow up people i seem to remember the thread being about what other halves make of your hobby not an oppotunity to throw childish digs at each other.

My fiance hates it :p We only have 4 tanks set up w/ the other sitting in my closet, and he wants to take down a couple more of them which I won't allow :p
I'd still love to get a bigger tank though one of these days, but that's gonna take a bit of negotiating heh

ONLY 4!!! i wish i could get away with having two! :lol:

Was my bf who got me interested in fish lol he says i'm nuts for wanting to upgade to a 340l but he has a 450 ! so gotta keep up with the jones's ya know ! lol

Was my bf who got me interested in fish lol he says i'm nuts for wanting to upgade to a 340l but he has a 450 ! so gotta keep up with the jones's ya know ! lol

yeah we all gotta keep up with the jones's ;)

his exact words to me is "Keeping fish is like getting a tattoo once you get one you need to get more "

I have 5 tattoo's planning my 6th and nearly ready to order my upgade for my tank that i've not even had for 2 months ! lol

slightly addicted i think :D

When our last dog died at the age of 14, I wanted something, but not another dog. I got a betta in a bowl. I then decided he needed a 5gal. tank. Hubby started complaining. I now have eight tanks. You decide...has his complaining deterred me???? :lol:

My boyfriend moaned a bit when I said about getting a bigger tank for my birthday but only because money is quite tight at the moment.

He knows what a bargain we got with my 190L, I have seen my tank on sale for a LOT more than we paid and that was without the stand :D

He has helped me set it up and also helped me with fitting the background which was a git! He loves watching the fish too... Sometimes we watch them when we're 'supposed' to be watching telly!

He likes fish too but prefers carp and sea fishing -_-

My wife complains sometimes when i am spending time on maintenance, saying that spending time with her should be a higher priority than fish! But she does take a bit of an interest in it, and usually recognises when i have removed fish or added new ones. Mind you, she will sometimes complain when i buy new fish but also complain if i happen to remove them later and she has grown to like them! Guess i just can’t win huh.

my soon to be wife is as into our tanks as much as i am.i'm only allowed to go to the lfs without her for food :lol:

I grew up with fish, it was a hobby that my dad and I shared (one of the only things I ever liked about him) and I would mention this (apparently) a lot to my boyfriend, so this past year after xmas he suggested that we get a fish, since we live in an apartment where we can't have a dog. He was thinking goldfish and I left the pet store with a 20 gallon tropical tank. He was sort of into it at first, but now he thinks I'm obsessed. He also does not realize that there can never be too many plants in the tank. I have grand plans for bigger tanks once we move, and any time I try to talk about it, he just smiles and nods like I'm total talking crazy.

A trick though, to get hubbies/bfs involved (though it seems most of the people on here are men, so this might not be very useful)... power tools. When he made my coconut caves, he got to use his drill, saw and drimmel. Now I'm trying to get him to figure out a co2 system.

Most reactions

Back