How Do You Top Up Your Tank?

I have a big plastic tub that I fill with water and pump it up into the tank with a powerhead. I can leave a heater in to get it up to the right temp, but obviously not as neat as a python.

get about 5 feet of hose pipe and do a siphon you know suck till the water just about gets to your mouth then push the hose into the tank note: the water level in the tank your siphoning from must be higher up than the tank your filling

Was due a 10% change last night and planned to use a bucket. But after four days of zero ammonia and nitrite readings the nitrite started climbing so I did a 40% change and opted for the hosepipe which worked just fine. This evening I did a 10% change with a bucket which also worked fine. The tank is deep enough that I could pour it in slowly enough not to disturb the sand or plants but fast enough not to break my arms.

Depends on how much water Im topping up, if it's more than 5gallons I'll use a syphon, if not just a watering jug(the ones for plants)

If a topping up is needed i use a stainless steel cooking pot. But that rarely ever happens. Because of the frequency of my water changes the tanks are always topped. I use a homemade Python for water changes.

Most reactions

Back