How Do You Keep Track Of Your Fish?

prosp

Reaction score
Do any of you keep track of your fish? Specifically, I'm looking to track acquisition date (or birth date), description/name of fish, breeding details, etc.

I'm thinking of using Excel, but I wonder if someone already has a template that I can use.

I did a couple of searches, but I couldn't find anything relevant.

Thanks in advance!

prosp

I plan on using an Excel spreadsheet. As my tank isn't done its cycle I don't have one set up, but when I do I'd be glad to give you the template.
I think you should have
Name of Fish(if you name them), Type/Breed, Description, Acquisition Date, Link to a picture, What food they like, higher or lower PH, and Level they Swim at(bottom, middle, top).

Hope I helped.

LOL right now i just have a whole mess of sticky notes on a wall =P
I should probably switch over to computer

I use Excel, but just note breed an the ammount I have. Dates are not noted in my system :shifty:

I have a little black book. It used to have phone numbers and details of girlfriends in it......but now it has details of fish/water tests and car registrations of cars that park outside of my house!!

I just use a spiral notebooks as a "journal" (to keep track of what I did to each tank and when). The date, size, and type of fish added is in there.

Ryan

Thanks to all for your help. I have a spiral notebook as well, but I thought I might modernize a bit by using the PC. Seems like I may not after all.

it's just all in my head, don't keep track of anything, if i was breeding i guess i'd need to but i see no real reason to tbh. :unsure:

Most reactions

Back