How Can You Discourage.........

I guess he still work hard. I found 13 more eggs all in the Java Moss this morning. And most were near the water current.

BTW, I think the batch before last hatched 12 out of 16 eggs collected. They are now balsl with a tail.

so I saw the male chasing female last night although it seems he is chasing somebody every night. :shifty: I look closely if there is any eggs left this morning. And sure enough there are some in the Java Moss. I found 10 eggs.
The related Panda news, I did gave 6 baby Pandas to fellow aquarium member yesterday. And I also got 3 skunk corys from another member. Although I am kind of worry that they are not interested in eating. Hopefully they can act like other corys soon.

Yap, my male got busy again. As usual, I saw him asking around last night but I didn't wait for them so turned the light off and went bed. And this morning, there are many eggs on the corner of front glass. Of course the side water current from the powerhead hit. But unusual thing was she put the eggs on like 1" square. There were 22 on the glass and I just look near by and found another one on the leaf of Java Fern which was less than inch away and found 1 more in the Java Moss nearby. I usually have to look through the Java Moss but I decide I don't need to. After all 24 eggs is pretty good number and whatever made her decide to put the eggs in group is beyond me. Although I like the easiness of collection :good: . But I doubt it would be a habit.

Unbelievable! :hyper: He did it again. :shifty: 3 days in a row. :shout:

He must be the hardest working fish in cory business.
He is here to please his ladies, day in day out.

I found 16 more eggs this morning. Almost all the eggs were in small portion of Java Moss. It turns out I didn't need to look through all the Java Moss but I did it anyway for just in case.

hi neoncory just bought a breeding rack of tanks well 2 tanks and a sump finishing off plastering the fishroom and painting then on to building a rack to support them athen hope to breed some corys and bristlenoses in yipee

hi neoncory just bought a breeding rack of tanks well 2 tanks and a sump finishing off plastering the fishroom and painting then on to building a rack to support them athen hope to breed some corys and bristlenoses in yipee

Hi dane,

You show off lucky d*g! Sump! Fishroom!

I need a house with leveled basement I hope. Instead of this old apartment with thin walls(ceiling and floor also judging by the all the complain from the guy living down us although he is such a drama queen. He once complained that my roommate chop vegetable to loud.)I have to re-think twice before set some new tanks.

The sump sound good instead of dragging water buckets one tank to another(I don't use python since I heard it need to waste some water to syphon going. Beside my tanks are small, it doesn't take long to take and fill water.

Anyway, good luck with your fish projects. I too probably have to figure out the way to put few more tanks although I don't have fishroom or sump. Just eggs and frys are still coming.
Anyway, catch you later.

this is the most amazing thread i have ever read, and may i say inspirational haha. i think i may put a bit more effort into getting my albino cory's to lay.
cangrats NEONCORY, and keep the posts coming, i am hooked.
regards, sam

Thanks Sam,

I'm glad you enjoy reading. Because this is no picture(my comp is ancient and no digi camera) thread. So that's all you can do. :shifty: Unfortunately no cute or interesting pictures to look at.
But I figure someone might find it interesting enough to know that how often and how many eggs I get from my group of Pandas.
And I'm pretty sure I will keep it going as long as I get eggs. I don't know if they stop any part of the year since I have not had this group for year yet. I guess we just have to wait and see. :shifty:

I guess the hitting streak continue. I think it is 4 days in a row. Anyway, I found 12 eggs in the Java Moss this morning. :rolleyes:

I guess the male couldn't convinced any female one day but I saw this morning one of the female is carrying egg. SoI wait little while before go look for the eggs. I guess she is one of the good Mom that place the egg near the water movement. I found 4 on the corner of the glass near the outlet from the powerhead. And 3 more on the leaves of Java Fern at same corner and 7 more in the Java Moss near there.

I guess he found a partner or 2 last night. I noticed there are few eggs on the corner of the front glass. I found 5 on the glass, 3 on the leaves of Java Fern at the corner and 23 eggs in the near by Java Moss. The total of 31 eggs.
It wasn't there when I went bed. So they must be made after dark. :shifty:

I did collect 33 eggs in the Java Moss this morning. But it was different. The eggs were little smaller than usual. Which made me wonder if these eggs came from the younge female.

I found 12 eggs this morning although 2 was darker so I assume they were from last batch I missed to collect. Anyway, 5 were on the glass and 7 in the Java Moss.

I got 30 more eggs this morning although 3 was darker so I missed from last batch. They were all in the Java Moss except 1 on the leaf of Java Fern.

Also I got 30 wigglers from bacth from few days ago.

Most reactions

Back