How Can I Breed Snails

I don't know really, but from what I've heard, you have to get a snail, and do...."Nothing" :p

Looking forward to other replies, Malaysian trumpets are quite rare here, I could make a fortune if I manage to breed some

been thinking of a topic titled "how can i stop the dammed snails in my tank breeding" :lol:

think you just got to let them get on with it ;)

It really depends on the type of snail, pond snails breed out of control, I had one, and a couple weeks later I had 60-70, maybe even more.

Trumpet Snails Apple Snails
wot r they like to breed :)
how old b4 they start breeding

Apple snails need two to mate, not sure if they are male/females or if they are hermafradites *sp* and can mate regardless.
Malasian Trumpet snails are asexual and reproduce on their own.

I dunno if you want them to feed to your puffer ( if you own one) but if you do you can probably just get pest snails and set a tank up for them. They breed a lot, hence the PEST in their name.

i have a 2 ft long tank with 1 plec & 4 terca in
could breed in there

Snails eat plant matter and they're pretty much scavengers. If you're new into fish keeping, you'll soon find out that you don't want snails in your tank. Especially if they're really tiny and can get all over the tank, it looks pretty bad. Unless they're big snails, I wouldn't go for them.

pond snails are very easy to breed. just take any container with water in it (and a filter so it won't stink) and add one snail. put in some fish food and wait a few days, you'll see eggs. the more food available the more they'll reproduce.

Most reactions

Back