Home For A Betta?

Hey,
I personally leave my bettas to themselves. Obviously you get the odd snail that comes on planst but nohing special.
I don't think shrimp would be such a great idea but a noce apple snail would be ideal.

I don't have any experience with theese but from what iv;e heard they poo rather alot :X
You could try dwarf african frogs (Not clawed) which are always fun to watch :nod:
James

Al Murry - a fluval 1 is a sponge filter. :) . that's what i've decided to go with

cheers anyway :good:

james - apple snail's by me are £1 each so there a possiblity (1 on each side)

i used to have a large albino clawed frog i know it' not a dwarf it was the size of my fist and ate mollies whole! they have huge mouths.:)

if i got a adf though which i've had in the past aswel i'd need to feed it bloodworms though everyday wouldn't i??? one of my old one's did used to eat pellets aswel sometimes but still only mainly ate bloodworms. or don't they have to be fed bloodworms everyday? if i did get some how many could i get?

cheers :good:

sorry your right. not concertrating. :D

thinking about what sort of betta's to get :drool:

my mistake :good:

ye, i'm looking into getting a white ht and either a red or black ht or maybe a different sort stil can't make my mind up.

so many beautiful types :drool: :drool:

i've been in touch with a breeder but doesn't have what i'm after :(

I have kept shrimp in with bettas with no probs although you may not have the same luck.

The shrimp I had where actually river shrimp bought at 60p a portion (about 30). I threw a couple in a thought if they got eaten then fine that is why they were bought and if not then they would clean up the stuff on the bottom the betta didn't eat.

The river shrimp actually outlived the betta!

I have kept shrimp in with bettas with no probs although you may not have the same luck.

The shrimp I had where actually river shrimp bought at 60p a portion (about 30). I threw a couple in a thought if they got eaten then fine that is why they were bought and if not then they would clean up the stuff on the bottom the betta didn't eat.

The river shrimp actually outlived the betta!

that sounds like a good idea

where did you get the river shrimp from?

how big were they?

i would consider going with 1 betta and having more shrimp but duno yet.

cheers for that :good:

i've currently got 3 ADFs with my boy, and about to purchase another 2 to make it 5 ADFs and the betta next month...

on saying that, im also about to buy a larger tank, divide it into 3 with a 4th low current filter system to put a number of bettas into (well, 3 to be exact) though there is temptation there to go with 2 larger areas and get some ghost shrimp as well - im hoping younger (betta) introduction will prevent major eating issues.

My betta eats flake food reasonably well, but loves the bloodworm i put in for the frogs.

The frogs eat mainly the bloodworm, but also love a pea to fight over when they get bigger. and i only feed them every other day (costs me about £4 for a months worth of bloodworm food, with some extra spare for the community tank) hen sometimes i get them live bloodworm or daphnia for a treat.

my betta seems to hate the pellets though...

ye, cheers everyone for your help.

i'm just wondering if i'll need a heater on the tank as the room there going into is around 73 f ????

i'm still after tanks mates for them aswel it's between adf's or shrimp

:good:

ye, cheers everyone for your help.

i'm just wondering if i'll need a heater on the tank as the room there going into is around 73 f ????

i'm still after tanks mates for them aswel it's between adf's or shrimp

Well, if the the room you keep them in is warm, then you probably wont need a heater :)

cheers for that :)

i know i ask alot of questions but is it better to have gravel in the tank or not.

would you say it's completly nessessary to have a filter i not alot of people don't on their betta's?

i would probably prefer to get 2 betta in the tank with a divide, with no gravel and have some shrimp with flower pots cut in half and lied on the bottom.

i don't think i'm going to go with adf's because it would add more waste then a few shrimp will.

cheers for that :)

i know i ask alot of questions but is it better to have gravel in the tank or not.

would you say it's completly nessessary to have a filter i not alot of people don't on their betta's?

i would probably prefer to get 2 betta in the tank with a divide, with no gravel and have some shrimp with flower pots cut in half and lied on the bottom.

i don't think i'm going to go with adf's because it would add more waste then a few shrimp will.

Um...Well...I heard some people say they dont use gravel unless they use a filter. I use gravel though. But Itt's up to you :nod:

Most reactions

Back