Home For A Betta?

i'm probably going to get 2 betta on monday if the lfs have 2 that i like.

i'm just still looking for cheap shrimp in my area.

_nina_ said about the river shrimp??? does anyone know about these?

cheers for everyone's help :good:

The gravel is up to you, but I found it hard to clean my 5 gallon divided with it in there. Even a very small gravel vac wouldn't fit into the divided sections too well. I changed it out for large river rock from a craft store. It looks great and is easy to stick a turkey baster down in between for quick clean ups. I've also gone with bare bottomed tanks before, but found that I was constantly cleaning something unsightly looking up off the bottom. If it gets the least dirty, it looks very unappealing.

it's not going to be my main focus tank in the house. this one's going upstairs so if it looks dirty it doesn't matter to much but i'll end up cleaning them more often probably anyway i like my tanks clean.

still wonering if anyone know's a cheap source of shrimp in the u.k though??

i'll probably use pebbles or something along those lines ont he bottom of the tank.

:good:

not a clue about cheap sources, ive seen cheapest around me at 5 fot £10

i use argos play sand in my betta tank, but thats mainly for the ADFs pleasure.

filtering is not necessary but nice. Go to pets@home and for £10.99 you will get a simple sponge filter with activated carbon, or an Elite 5 Stingray (which i went for) for £9.99

i placed a small hatching net over the out-put of the filter to slow the current down - alas Rocky (the betta) CUDDLES it at night when sleeping. caught him cuddled into the ADFs a few times too.

i got my betta today :) i love :wub: him

he's beautiful :hyper:

set him up in his own tank i found a 12''x8''x8'' for him i haven't yet worked out how much that is in gallons.

he's a blue ct with red ends to his fins. :drool:

he's got to be my favourite betta that iv'e had ( previously i've had 1 male and 3 females in the past :rip: )

thanks everyone for your advise i'm still interseted in some shrimp but i'm happy atm cheers :good:

cheers i worked it out to roughly 3 u.s gallons

i just hadn't got round to doing in when i put the post up.

:good:

Most reactions

Back