Hi

resu

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Will

I have wanted to keep fish for ages .. ever since my Dad got rid of his when i was 12ish :(

I kept putting it off for ages with the excuse " i need to do my research" etc etc

anyway I've decided to take the plunge this weekend! (i watching Amazon Abyss helped a little ;) )

Im pretty sure im going for a Biorb 60ltr * waits for groans* with heater etc etc
as i understand it there aren't many fans of them on here lol

the reason why i'm going for this tank is because it for my bedroom.. i dont want anything too big and i dont want many fish .. just a nice good looking underwater scene.

also this will be the perfect tool to get my dad back into fish keeping and im sure ill end up going halfs with him on a nice big tank .. something around the 6ft mark for the living room.

Im a total 'noob' at fish keeping and so i'll probably will be asking lots of questions.

anyway hopefully i'll be able to get it ordered tonight and be able to pick it up this weekend (depending on prices) :D

better get back to reading the guides on the forum!!

Will

hello

i get loads of help off here, there are loads of threads worth reading

good luck

please go for a 60 litre normal shaped tank maintenance and fish choice is easier and looks better IMO and the filtration on a biorb isnt brill, and you cant keep catfish in biorbs.

Howdee & Welcome :)

I'm of the same opinion as truckasaurus. If you can, get a normal shaped (rectangular) tank rather than a spherical one, it will be easier to look after.

please go for a 60 litre normal shaped tank maintenance and fish choice is easier and looks better IMO and the filtration on a biorb isnt brill, and you cant keep catfish in biorbs.

hmm i gotta say after reading all the negative feedback on here about Biorbs its tempting to get a regular shaped one.
Gonna make an order today no matter what tho so gotta hit the websites now lol

hmm i gotta say after reading all the negative feedback on here about Biorbs its tempting to get a regular shaped one.
Gonna make an order today no matter what tho so gotta hit the websites now lol

good 60 litre ish tanks

juwel rekord 60 (discontinued but available second hand) 54 litres
juwel rekord 600 (63 litres)
tetra aqua art 60 litre
clearseal 12*12*24 very cheap and available at pets at home and then you buy your own filter and light, they are good!!

Most reactions

Back