Hi, Urgent Clown Loach Problem!

Yes they are expensive lquid test kits, wouldn't like to add up the cost I have spent of test kits.
Like the member has said api are good, they last longer than some other brands, there cheaper.

Yes they are expensive lquid test kits, wouldn't like to add up the cost I have spent of test kits.
Like the member has said api are good, they last longer than some other brands, there cheaper.

ah fair enough xD

and my 1 remaining loach still has the white thing on his forhead =/ will it just go eventually now that the tank water is better and the filter has had time to cycle?

The white is it still fluffy and skin peeling away.

The white is it still fluffy and skin peeling away.

I cant really see he hasn't come out much and i havent seen im eat for a few days :S

but it sort of just looked like skin peeling a little its pretty much the size of an "o"

Fluffy cotton wool and peeling skin can be columnaris.
Fungus can also grow on dead tissue.
Also peeling skin can be bad water quality, bacterial, parasites.

have you added a bacterial med.

Fluffy cotton wool and peeling skin can be columnaris.
Fungus can also grow on dead tissue.
Also peeling skin can be bad water quality, bacterial, parasites.

have you added a bacterial med.
erm not exactly my mum kinda flipped when i told her that it was £23 for water test stuff =/ so i cant get them yet? or is bacterial stuff different?

Its not wise to use meds in main tank if only one fish is sick .
Its best to issolate them to a hospital tank and treat them there, as fish can build a resistance up to meds.
If you don't have issolation tanks you have to med the whole tank.

I know your only young in all mate, but just a slight word of advice..

In future, to avoid all the constant prices of dechlorinator, just fill buckets with water and leave overnight, as this will get do the same job =] also, anything like fish flicking or rubbing themselves, rapid gill movement and gasping at water surface, fins clamping up, cotton wool like growths, or white skin like bits hanging off their body, please use methylene blue. I highly recommend this, it is an old, original remedy traditionally used for all symptoms as above, which is also used as a substitute oxygen source. Has many uses all in one bottle, and like the saying goes 'you cant teach an old dog new tricks'.. Believe me.. The old remedies always work best =] And as for the test kits.. To make things more simpler for you, get the test strips.. Much easier, and all tests answered in one =] i get my tests in a pack of 50 from ebay, at 8.99, u might think the price is a bit steep, but seriously worth it.. Any more questions i can answer, just PM me pal. Hope your fish survive mate. Take care. Dean

I know your only young in all mate, but just a slight word of advice..
In future, to avoid all the constant prices of dechlorinator, just fill buckets with water and leave overnight, as this will get do the same job

no, chloramine is sometimes present and cannot gas off like chlorine
And as for the test kits.. To make things more simpler for you, get the test strips.. Much easier, and all tests answered in one =]

as for test kits strips are crap, they are unreliable and in accurate.

but then again the liquid ones arent accurate but they measure to a higher degree of accuracy compared to strips!!

Also some brands of methylene blue can destroy all benefical bacteria in the filter.
Best to find out what causing the fish to be ill before adminastrating meds.

hmm well i'll have to leave it because i dont have an extra tank and dont wana put it on my other fish =/

and thanks i might have a look at those strips then :) and see if they have that stuff if its not mega expensive =/

and trucker i would but the liquid 1s but i reall can't afford to spend £23 on the kit and £17 on the refils each time unless i get a job after i leave college then i'll upgrade from strips haha :)

thanks for help guys :)

and yea thats why im a bit worried about these medicines because he seems fine now hes been swimming outside his castle a bit today and its only a little circle on hid forhead now lol and he has a little buddy

the only thing now is to get it to eat because he hasnt for 2/3 days =/

Most reactions

Back