Hi, Urgent Clown Loach Problem!

You can use the smaller tank as an issolation tanks and hospital tank
You don't need to change the sponges, you just rinse one at a time in old tank water.
Just brush up on maintaining a tank.
You will need to check flooring in your room to make sure it even and can stand a large tank.
Sometimes you have to strengthen the floor boards.

You can use the smaller tank as an issolation tanks and hospital tank
You don't need to change the sponges, you just rinse one at a time in old tank water.
Just brush up on maintaining a tank.
You will need to check flooring in your room to make sure it even and can stand a large tank.
Sometimes you have to strengthen the floor boards.

yea i'm sure my mum will make me strengthen the floor so it doesnt fall through the ceiling lol
and yea true and oh ok

how do i clean ornaments etc if im only changing water? i have a glass cleaner already and a pipe can probably clean most of the gravel / sand im guessing

I just clean ornaments in hot water.
Or you can scrub them in salt water, rinse well, then let them dry out.

If you do use glass cleaner it on the outside glass, spray the glass cleaner onto the cloth in another room.
You don't wash your ornaments with glass cleaner do you.

Sands more trouble than its worth, shows all the poo, and it can go black with bad bacteria. So you have to keep turning ever so often.

I just clean ornaments in hot water.
Or you can scrub them in salt water, rinse well, then let them dry out.

If you do use glass cleaner it on the outside glass, spray the glass cleaner onto the cloth in another room.
You don't wash your ornaments with glass cleaner do you.

Sands more trouble than its worth, shows all the poo, and it can go black with bad bacteria. So you have to keep turning ever so often.

i mean the little magnetic thing that one is on the inside of the tank and one is on the outside that basically knocks the algea off the inside of the glass and the filter picks it up (hopefully)

and oh you can wash ornaments in tap water?? fair enough i'll stick to gravel i guess

I don't keep my magnets in the tank. I only get them out when I maintaining the tank.
It will draw towards the filter anyway.

yes it ok to wash ornaments and plastic plants in tap water. The only thing you don't rinse in tap water is the filter sponges as it wipes
all the beneifcal bacteria out.

I don't keep my magnets in the tank. I only get them out when I maintaining the tank.
It will draw towards the filter anyway.

yes it ok to wash ornaments and plastic plants in tap water. The only thing you don't rinse in tap water is the filter sponges as it wipes
all the beneifcal bacteria out.
oh ok :)

i need a book or something tbh lol might have a look in WHSmith tomorrow for one! lol

i really want to keep clow loach because they're my favourite fish along with those stripy black and white catfish but theyre mega expensive..
and i dont even think i'll get 150gallon tank in my room =/ so i will be limited to about 3 loach??

Go to amazon co.uk can find some really cheap books on there in fishkeeping, some start at 1p have costs in postage and packing.

I would think about mabye giving up the clown loaches as there to big for the tank size.
Just don't rush into things. Have a good think about what you want to do next.
We all make mistakes, it's learning by them that counts.

My bed calling me so have to go now.
Anymore questions just ask away.
The best advice is do research before you buy.
Learn as much as you can as it makes the hobby alot more easier.

I would think about mabye giving up the clown loaches as there to big for the tank size.
Just don't rush into things. Have a good think about what you want to do next.
We all make mistakes, it's learning by them that counts.

My bed calling me so have to go now.
Anymore questions just ask away.
The best advice is do research before you buy.
Learn as much as you can as it makes the hobby alot more easier.

hmm well he would be ok because i only have on clown left about 7/8cm?(who is actually breathing normally from what i can see and the food has disappeared from last night) he was my 2nd biggest i believe
but i dont want to leave him on his own because theyre meant to be in a group..however with the water being slightly dodgey still (has little white particles still floating in it ) im not sure it would be a good idea to add a little clown or 2 =/

I need to think if i can afford the bigger tank i guess and if i want to only have about 3/4 fish in a 4/5 foot tank =/
and also if im able to get a tank of that size..i'll have to talk to my mum about it some more i guess even though she says " Its up to you what you do, stop asking me " lol =/

and i'm going to go to a different pet shop on the weekend hopefully they'll be a bit more professional and give me some extra advice. But it i was to get a different specie it would be catfish and i'm sure they grow pretty big too =/

how long do the test kits last for because £23 i seen one for but thats worth more than my fish...

go on ebay and search 'API master freshwater test kit'

that is one of the best on the market, all hobby test kits are not accurate, so take some readings with a pinch of salt, and do another to confirm a reading

go on ebay and search 'API master freshwater test kit'

that is one of the best on the market, all hobby test kits are not accurate, so take some readings with a pinch of salt, and do another to confirm a reading
how long do they last the test kits

depends on how often you use them, once you have the test kit, you will buy an individual test when you run out. you use different amounts of liquid for each test, the low range PH lasts the longest

depends on how often you use them, once you have the test kit, you will buy an individual test when you run out. you use different amounts of liquid for each test, the low range PH lasts the longest

ohh ok how much do the refills cost??

Most reactions

Back