Hey I'm back! and now I need a name for program

Well, good luck with your project. Here are a few just off the top of my head.

~ TropiCalc or TropiCalculator

~ Aquarist's Assistant

~ Personal Aquarium Advisor

~ Fishkeeper's Friend

Didn't bother searching to see if they were used yet so beware. I would be sure to find out if the name isn't already copyrighted before making your final choice.

Have fun!

-- itZme

how bout tankstocker ?

also u could add a section that u pick a selection of fish and it tells u if they r compatible and wat size tank they need...

just a thought

Cool idea trout pout...have you checked out the calculators on the PFK website. They claim that "We have the largest and most advanced selection of aquarium calculators and unit convertors you'll find anywhere on the Internet". Might give you some ideas in terms of design/features etc.

My feeble suggestion for a name in FINUX (as opposed to Linux). Terrible I know, I was just inspired by the penguin in your avatar.

itZme said:
Well, good luck with your project. Here are a few just off the top of my head.

~ TropiCalc or TropiCalculator

~ Aquarist's Assistant

~ Personal Aquarium Advisor

~ Fishkeeper's Friend
-- itZme

I like these ideas, or some variation on the theme. You may want to add features to the program over time (for other classes or just because), so giving it a more flexible name might be wise.

My contribution: AquAdvisor

Thanks everyone. But I chose "Tropicalculator" as my final choice, with "the aquarist's assistant" as the slogan below so much thanks to itzme for the idea. It was a hard decision. Now I need a member such as a mod or admin to help me with the next and pretty much final part for the time being. The fishforums header with the pleco looks pretty good and it's only the picture of the plec that I want. Could I by chance be allowed to put this picture on the splash screen of my program?

trout_pout said:
I shall send Itzme a PM containing a kiss.
[snapback]925748[/snapback]​

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd love a copy of this once you've completed it. Let us know how it goes!

Most reactions

Back