Help...

What do you have the temp set at. Ideally it should be around 29/30c. If you have it much lower than this you would need to raise it gradually until it reaches the temp you need.

that is deffo not a female ct, trust me

ur trying to breed 2 males

:lol: :lol: :lol:
im going right now to sue PET CO.!!! lol

i gat a new crown female not so long ago
ill take pictures of it later on when i get my camara back

if this is not a female i give up!!
naah j/p im just ganna keep buying bettas lol

can you get a photo of your other female crowntail up? just if you LFS told you that the first one is a female, i wouldn't trust their opinions much,
some photo's of female crowntails i have owned.
P2080026.jpg

Group-cupidandvixen.jpg

P1210003.jpg

cupid1.jpg

close up of female CT tail
cupidtail.jpg

and a male CT (comet)
PA290101.jpg

also, what are you planning to feed the babies once you have them?

can you get a photo of your other female crowntail up? just if you LFS told you that the first one is a female, i wouldn't trust their opinions much,
some photo's of female crowntails i have owned.
P2080026.jpg

Group-cupidandvixen.jpg

P1210003.jpg

cupid1.jpg

close up of female CT tail
cupidtail.jpg

and a male CT (comet)
PA290101.jpg

also, what are you planning to feed the babies once you have them?

Your male CT looks great by the way

if i do get the babies im planning on feeding them baby brine shrimp

ill be getting the picture of my CT female later on

Baby Brine Shrimp is fine once they are about a week old. For the first week I feed mine on Microworms or you can use water worm, vinegar eel etc as they fry will be too small to eat anything bigger. Look forward to seeing you pic of your other CT female?? we hope :lol:

Baby Brine Shrimp is fine once they are about a week old. For the first week I feed mine on Microworms or you can use water worm, vinegar eel etc as they fry will be too small to eat anything bigger. Look forward to seeing you pic of your other CT female?? we hope :lol:

LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This one looks like its a female but then again i could be wrong lol :lol:

well im off to a BBQ ill get you guys some don't worry :nod:

Yall take care and thank you

Of course......how could I forget the banana worms :lol: :lol: Might give them a try for the next spawn :D

Lu_Bu-- I think you're rushing into this. You really need to spend plenty of time researching not only how they spawn, but also how to condition your fish properly so they don't die trying to spawn, how to set the tank up (what to put in the water, plants, levels, temperature), and what you'll have to do once they do spawn. Getting them to do the deed is the very first part of a long journey. If you don't already have BBS or a microworm culture before you start spawning them, you'll end up with dead fish.

I've been researching for over two months and just now have my first spawn. Don't rush. Your fish definitely do not look like they are in breeding condition. If you care about your fish, you'll learn to be patient for this, if nothing else.

Lu_Bu-- I think you're rushing into this. You really need to spend plenty of time researching not only how they spawn, but also how to condition your fish properly so they don't die trying to spawn, how to set the tank up (what to put in the water, plants, levels, temperature), and what you'll have to do once they do spawn. Getting them to do the deed is the very first part of a long journey. If you don't already have BBS or a microworm culture before you start spawning them, you'll end up with dead fish.

I've been researching for over two months and just now have my first spawn. Don't rush. Your fish definitely do not look like they are in breeding condition. If you care about your fish, you'll learn to be patient for this, if nothing else.

Thank you constantine ..
i took you advise and took her out
your right im really rushing into this
and i do care about my bettas there my babies lol

i will keep looking into this thought and any advise or anythign i should know
on how to condition them and so on i would appreciated :)

If you'd like, you can pm me...or anyone else here who's spawned bettas. I'm no expert, but I'd gladly let you know what I've done to prepare my fish for breeding. :)

this Is the She/He lol

CIMG0151.jpg

and guess what i found this morning???
looks like someone was busy last night not sure what to do with this thought
i was nto expecting this ... :no:

CIMG0149.jpg

CIMG0147.jpg

he was next to the CT MALE!!!
this only means Ummm HE IS A SHE!!! lol :nod:
but then again i could be wron theres alot of experts in here B-)

this Is the She/He lol

CIMG0151.jpg

i think that this "she" is a he, i'm not very experienced yet but i think it is a male you got there :unsure:

i think that pet co, arent very reliable if they are selling a lot of fish that are like that lol

thanks

paul

Most reactions

Back