Help...

Without having a dig :) Are those vases their permanent home? Look a bit small in my opinion :)

Idk but the one i post it before is a female
i mean he wouldn't just make a nest for nothing
thats like me making a sandwich and leaving it on the table and
just look at it lol :lol:

A male betta can and do make bubble nests even if they're the only fish in the house!

Without having a dig :) Are those vases their permanent home? Look a bit small in my opinion :)

Nope i keep em there for a short time when im conditioning him
i kinda for gat him , and left em there lol :/

A male betta can and do make bubble nests even if they're the only fish in the house!

never heard of em do that at all

i asked my friend if his ever done that and he said ''NO''
and he had his for about 4 months now

Nope i keep em there for a short time when im conditioning him
i kinda for gat him , and left em there lol :/

never heard of em do that at all

i asked my friend if his ever done that and he said ''NO''
and he had his for about 4 months now

Your mates may not have, not all males do. But I can assure you they can. We have had them build a nest within 3 hrs of receiving them and them being in their own tank. We have 3 males in a divided tank at present, 2 have built nests and 1 hasn't. Building nests can be a sign they're just happy!

the blue one IS A MALE

my male HM makes bubblenests all the time and hes never seen another fish, let alone a male or female betta

I suggest that u dont put these 2 together again

ur so adament that its a female. how many people here have told u its not? take advice from the people who know, that it is indeed a male :rolleyes:

Also i dnt feel that you have researched spawning properly, ur rushing into it, i mean u think the male ct is female. I think u need to sit down n have a good read about bettas, sexing them, and then maybe think about spawning

but thats just my advice

the blue one IS A MALE

my male HM makes bubblenests all the time and hes never seen another fish, let alone a male or female betta

I suggest that u dont put these 2 together again

ur so adament that its a female. how many people here have told u its not? take advice from the people who know, that it is indeed a male :rolleyes:

im not arguying or anythign im just saying why would he make a nest ??
and i gat the answer and thats it i gat it lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
im just letting ya know whats happening and whats going on ..

im not tryign to spawn then !
i took em all out they are all separate
is that i was just wondering because the male CT was next to the
VT male and i was wondering why it made the nest
i like looking at things from different angles :good:

well the one u claimed to be a female is not, its male

u say u get it, but u keep telling us its female when its not

weve all told u its male

i do hope u take them out the vase, it looks awfully cramped in there :crazy:

well the one u claimed to be a female is not, its male

u say u get it, but u keep telling us its female when its not

weve all told u its male

i do hope u take them out the vase, it looks awfully cramped in there :crazy:

i just had some doubts thats all :lol:

yeah took em out the famous vase he in ma toilet now :lol:

j/p he in the tank swimming about

Some times when mals are next to each other they will make nests too, its a case of "mines bigger than yours" trust me on this i have had betta ALLOT longer than four months.

good luck with the reasearch, the FAQ section on here is very good but if you still have any doubts then do ask us, we don't mind and no question is classed as stupid as we were all there at one point or another.

I couldn't agree with everyone more that both fish you have are males, and that some males do, in fact, make nests while next to other
males. It does not necessarily mean they are wanting to breed.

The vases you have for conditioning are not suitable for a few reasons. When you are conditioning and breeding you don't want to have any substrate (gravel) in the jars or tanks. Water changes need to occur sometimes daily when you are conditioning because the fish are being fed great amounts of high protein foods. Having a clear bottom makes it easy to siphon out any uneaten food (with a turkey baster), and insure that the environment stays clean. I also put a bit of live plant (java moss) in the jars so it's not super bare. This can also help with water levels. Also, you need to keep your conditioning jars warm. I put my jars inside a rubbermaid tub filled a bit with water and a heater. That way they can all stay nice and toasty. This will also help the female with egg production. I would recommend 1 gallon sized jars. I've attached a picture of what I use. If you are truly conditioning a fish, there's no excuse to "forget about him" as he should be being fed 3-4 times a day. If not, he's not really being conditioned. Please make use of the FAQ on this forum, and look elsewhere for other resources as well before you attempt this again.

What sizes are the tanks you are housing these guys in as of now?

I noticed your army recruiting paraphernalia. If you are looking into that, I can help you there as well.

Woops. Almost forgot the jar picture...

Attachments

• SG.jpg
    SG.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 52
I couldn't agree with everyone more that both fish you have are males, and that some males do, in fact, make nests while next to other
males. It does not necessarily mean they are wanting to breed.

The vases you have for conditioning are not suitable for a few reasons. When you are conditioning and breeding you don't want to have any substrate (gravel) in the jars or tanks. Water changes need to occur sometimes daily when you are conditioning because the fish are being fed great amounts of high protein foods. Having a clear bottom makes it easy to siphon out any uneaten food (with a turkey baster), and insure that the environment stays clean. I also put a bit of live plant (java moss) in the jars so it's not super bare. This can also help with water levels. Also, you need to keep your conditioning jars warm. I put my jars inside a rubbermaid tub filled a bit with water and a heater. That way they can all stay nice and toasty. This will also help the female with egg production. I would recommend 1 gallon sized jars. I've attached a picture of what I use. If you are truly conditioning a fish, there's no excuse to "forget about him" as he should be being fed 3-4 times a day. If not, he's not really being conditioned. Please make use of the FAQ on this forum, and look elsewhere for other resources as well before you attempt this again.

What sizes are the tanks you are housing these guys in as of now?

I noticed your army recruiting paraphernalia. If you are looking into that, I can help you there as well.

Woops. Almost forgot the jar picture...

I Understand ...

And for the army thing im currently studying to take the test
im trying to score high

I Understand ...

im trying to score high

Just get Barron's ASVAB prep. It's really a simple test- just has a few things you may want to brush up on. Have you thought about an MOS? Active/guard/reserves?

I Understand ...

im trying to score high

Just get Barron's ASVAB prep. It's really a simple test- just has a few things you may want to brush up on. Have you thought about an MOS? Active/guard/reserves?

My recruiter has me on this program marchtosuccess
going active for 2 years them reserve dont know for how long
but im trying to get into special ops. if not then rangers

ill look up Barron's ASVAB

Hmm...I've never heard of anyone being allowed to do a two year tour on active duty, and then go reserves. Make sure you really look into all the options and don't just eat up everything someone tells you. Recruiters have to meet a minimum of recruits per month, so unless you have someone you REALLY know and trust, I'd take half of what they say as complete truth, and investigate the other half. Special forces and Rangers are specialties-- not an MOS to start out in, usually. SF is an MOS- 18X, but ranger's are not MOS specific. They're schools that you usually go to after you've already completed AIT (advanced individual training- for your MOS). You have to apply and be chosen to go (selection). Usually you have to be at least an E-4 to be considered. If you're not at that level, I'd say your chances are very, very slim- especially as a new recruit. They're not the easiest schools to get into even as an E-4 with 4+ years in service- so I would highly recommend you choose an MOS that you're going to enjoy even if you don't get into SF or Ranger school.

Kind of like breeding your bettas- you REALLY need to slow down and explore all your options before you go sign up. Get proof of everything you're promised in writing. Don't let someone else make your life choices for you. Do your research and talk to other people about their experiences before you join.

I don't regret any of my decisions, but I spent plenty of time making the decision, called tons of people, talked to different recruiters, etc. before I joined. I commission as a 2LT in December, but started out as a PFC. There are a lot of options available to you. This is probably best taken to a PM, but do you have intentions of attending college? What are you wanting to do as a career?

Most reactions

Back