Help!

tropicalgirl2007

Fishaholic
Reaction score
one of my guppies seems to be bleeding from the inside out and looks like it is losing its flesh!!!!! its very YUK, I have two others in the tank that seem fine. does any body know what this could be?. the tank has been running for over a week and the pH is fine. Help please!!!

Becks

the tanks been runnign for a week??

what are your stats for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. do you know anything about the nitrogen cycle?

the tank has been running for over a week. im going to test the water for the other stuff when I get home tonight. it just bothers me that the other two are fine

if you've done nothing to cycle the tank before adding fish then there will be high levels of ammonia and possibly nitrite, this is toxic to your fish, guppies are also quite weak fish and don't cope well with poor water conditions.

you need to read up about cycling start with this topic

it could well be too late for this fish, and unless you control things well you could easily loose the others

I read somewhere about ammonia and that sounds like what my problem is, please tell me how to get rid of it! I have never had fish before

i put a link to a topic in my last thread (the underlined bit) click on that and read it all thoroughly, it's a good start and should help you out.

Most reactions

Back