Help with Oscars!!!

Chad08

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 2, 3 inch oscars and a 5 inch pleco in a 120 gallon tank....And my pleco keeps sucking on the oscars. And the oscars dont even seem to care...they just let the pleco suck some and then the oscar swims...away whats going on? Is the pleco sucking their slime coat off? And what should I do??? Thanks!!!!

I'm surprised the oscar doesn't seem to to care.

This can be a problem with some plecs and flat bodied fish.

Yes it can damage the slime coat keep an eye out for any infections/sores on the oscars - if there seems to be a problem/damage then I'd say remove the plec...

www :)

Most people don't think of plecos as being aggressive. They definately can be aggressive and you might just have one. My pleco is only about 4" but it routinely goes head to head with my 6" syno cat. He never wins, but still tries. As wet X3 said keep an eye on them for sores. I imagine the roles will be reversed in a month or so.

yeh definetly get it out, the oscar(s) could loose an eye. its the most common injury when a fish is sucking another one.

yip for sure if you do not take it out then you MUST keep a eye out for infection otherwise your oscars will go down .

like someone else said give them 3 months and the roles should be reversed

hope this is of some use to you :p

Most reactions

Back