guppy fry

G_Sharky

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have one in my tank right now, and he's a menace to my plec which probably died of stress from the nipping. Right now he's not bothering anyone, but i was wondering if i get a couple would they behave, i can't buy too much cause i only have 10 G tank.....

I have a question??????????? How do you keep guppyfry from being eaten by demon frogs? I have plants and a babyhidout but I think my frogs get to them before i do. Do frogs always eat the fry? Does anyone separate their tank and turn a small part into a nursery? How do you do it? I have a 55 gallon tank.

I am not sure what a demon frog is (unless you are just calling your frog a demon because it ate the guppy fry). When guppies are born they usually sink to the bottom before they get the energy to swim to the top. When they are on the bottom they end up being lunch for aquatic frogs. As far as I know most frogs will eat anything that will fit in their mouths and they will eat at any time even if they have just fed. The only way I can think of to breed fish when you have frogs is to breed the fish in a separate tank.

What sort of frog is it? I know it probably doesn't make much difference, but I want to know. I had an ADF and my molly had babies with it in a little 5 gallon I was using as a breeder and the fish are the ones that ate them. Maybe my ADF was just a picky eater.

i am not really sure, i know it has the webbed feet and is pretty small. the reason i call them demon frogs is because they ate my guppyfry. they were hiding in the babyhideout waiting for mama to get done and i could not get to them quick enough to save them :crazy: :sad: :byebye:

Most reactions

Back