Greenline

yeah happened a while ago, apparently there were floods at the nursery too, its a real shame greenline is just about the only option i wouldnt buy plants from java or plants alive.

plants alive have been ok with me. They offered me a free replacement when some plants i ordered were a bit tatty.

They closed about 2weeks back, i never ordered from them though.

It's a shame, but was the way they were going.

They were using the old style catalogue & telephone business model in an instant click & buy world. They can blame the "credit crunch" but the companies I work with have actually seen a healthy rise in sales over the last 12 months.

Never had any trouble ordering from their website to be honest, always seemed simple enough to me.

In an email to me Andy actually blamed an earthquake cause by subsidence for the main reason he decided to stop trading, it damaged a large amount of his (uninsured) glass (tanks and green houses), and combined with the rising fuel costs pushing up shipping costs he didn't feel like putting a load more of his own (or borrowed) money into replacing all of this, so instead he closed down.

Can't say that I blame him really, especially as the planted tank hobby these days seems to be filling up with the hobby equivelent of fashion victims.

Ade

They close down just as i set up my new tank. Typical. :hyper:

I ordered java moss and fern from them before, their service was good so it's a shame they've had to cease trading.

It's a shame, but was the way they were going.

They were using the old style catalogue & telephone business model in an instant click & buy world. They can blame the "credit crunch" but the companies I work with have actually seen a healthy rise in sales over the last 12 months.

Nothing to do with that; he was all but wiped out by a flood and a landslip several weeks ago as I posted at the time. A terrible shame, you don't get Andy's kind of service everywhere.

Most reactions

Back