Gravel Vac

IC1

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Girls, Guys,

I want to buy a gravel vac which collects waste in a side bag attatched to the sucker and powered by air. As opposed to the vacs that syphon the waste including water out of the tank.

I can't find them anywhere but know they exist as my dad used to have one about 20 years ago.

Anyone any idea where i could purchase from?

Thanks

IC1

I've found this battery powered device online at ~£35. Not what I had in mind but it doesn't rely on emptying the tank into a bucket which is good.

If anyone can comment on its effectiveness i would be interested in any comments.

For the price it should be fantastic!?

Thanks

IC1

eheim2.jpg

Attachments

• eheim2.jpg
    eheim2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 42
first time ive heard of this.. could you give me the page where you found it please? im interested too :)

I tried one of these yonks back... ended up in the bin ! Went back to the KISS syphon tube !!! (cleaning out the bag is disgusting :sick: , and it soon clogs )

I've found this battery powered device online at ~£35. Not what I had in mind but it doesn't rely on emptying the tank into a bucket which is good.

I'd rather do water changes than just vacuuming the gravel and keeping the same water in the tank.

Yes, you miss my point. Clearly I will still perform water changes however when I do a water change I use the back pressure of an emptying hose to suck the water out as oppsed to using buckets and a syphon.

Actually, I think I saw one made by Penn Plax at the LFS not so long ago... It was operated by a big squeeze ball on top, like a turkey baster, right? I dont recall where it was I saw it, but I can keep an eye out for it if you want me purchase it on your behalf... I will let you know next time I am out there, as it could have been one of two stores.

[edit]
Just checked out the website... damn I'm good :good:

[URL="http://www.pennplax.com/Pages/Aqua.pages.....6;/Aqua30F.html"]http://www.pennplax.com/Pages/Aqua.pages.....6;/Aqua30F.html[/URL]

the one I saw in the store must have been a real early iteration

enjoy.

thanks sora for the link. Squeaky toy a very kind offer.

vinyl man, yes I could combine the two!! however I cannot be bothered with buckets of water being filled in the lounge and contant changes. Maybe I'm wierd?

this is turning into an intersting thread. (for me!)

I need a gravel vac which operates in a min depth of 18" any ideas? The options posted only work to 16", bug*er.

this is turning into an intersting thread. (for me!)

I need a gravel vac which operates in a min depth of 18" any ideas? The options posted only work to 16", bug*er.

Funny you should mention that... I am considering getting one myself, but for my tank, it would need to go down about 38-40 inches. In looking at it, it seems that you could buy a length of thin wall tubing that they always sell (5/8") and just replace the center tube with a piece that you cut to length. check it out

Most reactions

Back