Today's a new day.

Today's Thursday. Still going good. Had another long break from the forum (11 days) and my family (except me and my brother) are going away to Yallingup tomorrow.

Why is your family going to Yallingup, it's going to pour down with rain :)

Why don't you go to Yallingup too?
Because it's going to pour down with rain :)

Anything interesting happen during your absence (fish ok, work is fun, etc)?

Why is your family going to Yallingup, it's going to pour down with rain :)

Why don't you go to Yallingup too?
Because it's going to pour down with rain :)

Anything interesting happen during your absence (fish ok, work is fun, etc)?
Weather died down a bit today (Friday), not much rain compared to yesterday night. I chose not go to Yallingup in fear that I may leave my tetras behind. Sometimes, holidays aren't the best decision when you have aquatic animals in the household.
I just don't like getting drenched in normal clothes. Fish are okay, but since the family's gone for 3 days, I can do most of the water change myself, but don't have the muscle power to carry jugs of clean water to pour in, so I'll wait until Sunday to do it.

I had to go to the doctor yesterday and was hoping to get home before it rained but didn't make it. It was pouring down. I made it home safely and only had 1 close call where a 4wd pulled out of a side street and didn't look like it was going to stop. It was a scary moment. But today is much nicer so far, let's see how it unfolds.

I don't like getting drenched in normal clothes either. I used to have wet weather gear and a decent umbrella and would walk around the neighbourhood and bush when it was raining, but not anymore. If it looks wet outside, I'm not going out.

You can still do the water change by yourself, just use a small container to fill the tank up. :)

It's Saturday. Just did a water change for the tetra aquarium. I just keep having breaks that last a week because I'm usually busy with my life. Measured the gap of the lid of the 5.5 gallon aquarium for the filter, and it's 46mm for the gap.

It's Saturday. Just did a water change for the tetra aquarium. I just keep having breaks that last a week because I'm usually busy with my life. Measured the gap of the lid of the 5.5 gallon aquarium for the filter, and it's 46mm for the gap.
Good for you taking time away from the computer and internet. I wish I could but I am addicted :(

Did you do the water change by yourself or did your dad help fill the tank?

Today's Saturday. 2 weeks off from posting, but a few things happened in my world. It's school holidays again. I also had my flu vaccine today. Protecting myself with the vaccine can totally help, but it takes weeks to put it in full effect. The tetras are okay. The plastic plants got a bit dirty, so I will clean them, along with a water change.

I need to get a flu vaccine but can't find anywhere to get one. My doctor says he hasn't got any and I have to pay for it. The state government says it's free from any doctor. They are both full of it :(

Good to hear the fish are still doing well. Are you doing water changes or letting your dad?

It's Tuesday. Just saw one of the two cardinal tetra survivors living in the tank for a year and 7 months lying on the ground, still breathing. I did a water change last week. Did the usual schedule. I sometimes forget to do water changes when a fish dies because I may grieve over them and bury them in the front yard. I tried to look after the cardinal the best I could. The silvertips are hardier than the cardinals, in my sense. None of them died since some months ago. And they were from a chain pet store, which is rare for such fish to survive over a year.

If the fish dies, there will be a sole survivor in the aquarium. 4 silvertips and 1 cardinal. I knew better from the start. But I want the surviving cardinal tetra to be moved to a more suitable home than a 41L tall aquarium. An independent pet store that treats their fish well can do. I can't let a lonely tetra suffer without any company of their own. Sometimes, it's best to do it for their welfare. No shoaling fish should be living alone in a tank, let alone not enough space for the tank I have for over a year. :(

Attachments

• IMG_1125.jpg
    IMG_1125.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 16
Sorry to hear about the fish :(
They have been doing well but it seems the cardinals weren't the best from the start.

Missing the odd water change isn't an issue as long as you normally do them on a regular basis. The main reason I suggest doing a big water change and gravel clean after a fish dies is to dilute any disease organisms that might be in the water and to dilute any ammonia that might have built up due to the dead fish.

What am I doing today? Filling out paperwork for the detectives, and preparing for my trip to Spain with my mom to see the neurosurgeon. So much going on

Today's Friday. The thin cardinal tetra had suffered for 3 days, and I can't let them suffer for a long time. I had no choice but to euthanise it by putting it in the freezer by myself. They didn't move at all, lied on the ground, didn't eat and gasped for air for over three days. Now it's just one cardinal left. :( Maybe I should rehome the sole surviving cardinal because I can't let them suffer all alone without company of their own.

What am I doing today? Filling out paperwork for the detectives, and preparing for my trip to Spain with my mom to see the neurosurgeon. So much going on
Thank you for the beautiful print of the betta Juice! I am going out to get a frame for it now. You are truly a very talented artist.🦋🐠

Thank you for the beautiful print of the betta Juice! I am going out to get a frame for it now. You are truly a very talented artist.🦋🐠
Thank you for your patience with the delay!

Hi everyone, it's Sunday today. The Olympics are on now. The fish are doing okay at the moment. Graduation's closing in. How's everybody been so far?

Most reactions

Back