Got My 1st Betta!

sianeds

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hooray for me. I bought my 2yr old daughter Carys a gorgeous male betta today :drool:

He is red and very pretty and he doesn't have a name yet.

Carys has been choosing her own gravel, background and ornament for the past month and today I decided it was time to get her fish. She wuite liked the guppies but I persuaded her to get a Betta :nod:

I'll post a picture of him as soon as he is settled.

Please excuse the neon tank :lol:

S5000654_edited.jpg

Now we just need a name

I like the name Francis but I don't think my 2yr old would be able to say it.

I think he's going to be called Sish. That's the closest to fish she can say.

I like the name Francis but I don't think my 2yr old would be able to say it.

I think he's going to be called Sish. That's the closest to fish she can say.
:lol: Good choice of name, I like it!
Sish is certainly a handsome devil. :wub:

looks ok i guess for a 2yr olds chosing, not what i would have picked, but its your tank. well done.
is it heated and filtered?
what size tank is it?
the bettas stunning, what a lovely red.

Heheh, Shish is nice. I just said Francis because my 5 year old nephew in law had a fish like that and he named it Francis. :wub:

ah bless is that your daughters reflection or some ghostly image?

Very handsome :wub: My betta has pretty bright green gravel - also a concession to my children :lol: and my 2yo calls him "The Wishy" so I know where you're coming from.

Your Sish is *lovely*

Sish is adorable! Your post caught my eye b/c we also have our first betta. My son loves animals - so I thought it would be wonderful to add a betta to our family (we already have a cat & dog). Sadly though, he's not all that interested in him... I guess b/c he can't "pet" him. :rolleyes: So our Max has become MY fish.... which is fine b/c I got to name him and pick the accessories and gravel, etc... although I let my son have some say in it... :rolleyes: My son wanted to call Max, Pikachu (can you tell he's a pokemon nut?!)... but he has no trace of yellow :shifty: - so Max it was. He suited Max anyway.

Good luck with Sish! :flowers:

Most reactions

Back