yes/no/maybe

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• might be

• Total voters
i own 1 an its in the house on its own in the day just leave the window slitly open if poss give it some toys leave the radio on low if poss an maby put some newspaper down just in case lol

i have a golden retriever called Candy, she's 7... she's been left on her own from 8am - 1pm during the week for her whole life and she's not hated us for it... She has the radio/TV lleft on for her, she has a free run of the house (exept bedrooms)
DSC00465.jpg

She is spoilt rotten when we are there tho, she has her own sofa, gets to sleep on mum n dads bedroom floor and gets basically whatever she wants... haha dad even gets up at 6am on a sunday cos thats when she wants to go for a walk...

So i guess its upto personal opinion wether you want to leav him/her alone during the day...

I havent read all of this post so If you have already got one sorry haha

Cheesy

Im a proud owner of a 9 year old Golden Retriever, Yogi. I come from a gamekeeping family and have been around dogs all my life. Retrievers are just that....they retrieve things, primarily the Grouse/Pheasant shot by the guns however they make absolutely superb family pets - excellent with children too in my experience. Yes they are active in morning, thats because you get up and he is please to see you - a walk at this time is good. Again in the evening when you return from work or the kids come home and once again before bed. Im lucky that I get home for lunch so he gets another outing then but doesnt suffer at all if I cant make it. Im also lucky that I have an enclosed back garden so he roams at his liesure during the summer when the door is left open. I also have a large shed/workshop/TANK space where he goes during the day (back door locked when at work) if the weather is bad, the shed door is open. He has total freedom of the house but not on the beds and he knows this. We are keen caravanners/campers and therefore do a lot of outdoor stuff which is good for Yogi, always choosing sites that allow dogs. My missus is a Guide leader and we attend many outdoor events - Yogi comes too and is loved by the girls and intergrates well with other dogs who are regulars. By all means have a dog - but above all please make absolutely sure you can give him the environment to make him happy.

Cheesy

Im a proud owner of a 9 year old Golden Retriever, Yogi. I come from a gamekeeping family and have been around dogs all my life. Retrievers are just that....they retrieve things, primarily the Grouse/Pheasant shot by the guns however they make absolutely superb family pets - excellent with children too in my experience. Yes they are active in morning, thats because you get up and he is please to see you - a walk at this time is good. Again in the evening when you return from work or the kids come home and once again before bed. Im lucky that I get home for lunch so he gets another outing then but doesnt suffer at all if I cant make it. Im also lucky that I have an enclosed back garden so he roams at his liesure during the summer when the door is left open. I also have a large shed/workshop/TANK space where he goes during the day (back door locked when at work) if the weather is bad, the shed door is open. He has total freedom of the house but not on the beds and he knows this. We are keen caravanners/campers and therefore do a lot of outdoor stuff which is good for Yogi, always choosing sites that allow dogs. My missus is a Guide leader and we attend many outdoor events - Yogi comes too and is loved by the girls and intergrates well with other dogs who are regulars. By all means have a dog - but above all please make absolutely sure you can give him the environment to make him happy.
Yes indeedy, thats what my uncle usto to use his for, a gun dog retriever.And of course I will be absoluutely sure I can look after it well before I get one.
I've decided that my chinese water dragin needs a new vivarium and I want to breed all my reptiles soon, so another incubator would be in order.All the money needed for those things and other fish/reptile orientated things will be spent on that.
When I get one, whether it be next year or the year many things will have changed, so the situation may be better/or worse.
Nevermind I've got a lot to think about...Thanks for all your experiences and opinions.

Most reactions

Back