Glass Inlet - Outlet And Spraybar

Any thoughts?

Ste

It looks excellent

Im just wondering if there are enough openings on the intake i wonder would it get clogged very easy

But definatly looks good V nice design

Opinions required

It's getting to that time of night where my mind starts racing and ideas start to change - never touch my tank gone midnight!

I'm now thinking of going for two pipes like above only the second will be a vertical spray bar with holes "pinned in" the end will remian unsealed and an end cap inserted for ease of cleaning.

Opinions required for the spraybar - thinking of having the holes to the left so that the flow travels around the tank. At the moment I have the intake to the right of the tank and the spraybar across the left hand side, is there a better way of having the water flow around the tank?

If its as cheap as that I'll bloody order an inlet and outlet too!!!

What I would try to do is ask them to squash the tube lengthways so you have a 2mm gap or something, that would work and look ok I think. This would work really well for the outlet if you werent using a spray bar, the ehiem outlets can be bought with a squashed end, this gives you a nice flow across the surface without jetting across the water surface, see attached terrible diagram :)

untitled.GIF

It looks excellent

Im just wondering if there are enough openings on the intake i wonder would it get clogged very easy

But definatly looks good V nice design

Yeah me too

Thinking of getting the openings cut over a length of 3 inch from the bottom upwards and if it's made to be slightly off the substrate it should avoid getting too clogged with muck

What I would try to do is ask them to squash the tube lengthways so you have a 2mm gap or something, that would work and look ok I think

Thats another thought and would go with the ADA lily - So if the glass is 12mm OD with 1.5mm walls, that would give an OD of 9mm. Would you say squash to 4.5mm or go thinner.

With the price of these things being so low and the people I'm speaking to being so nice, I reckon that I'm going to try a couple of things. The Intake pipe is coming in at under a tenner so it aint gonna cost much more if anything to tweak the end of it!

This is great news ! things are turning out to be better for you then me! il try to make one more big swoop to get an estimate of the cost having it made here, but at this rate and the price you gave me, it would roughly be the same i think, anyway.. here are my thoughts..

The ADA lily pipe is a really good design but the eheim spray bar aint so bad either. they are both good designs and i favor the eheim spray bar design but ! the ADA style looks super cool. Do you have an estimate on how much the ADA style lily pipe would cost ? Btw did the lab guys say if they could make the suction cup holder too ? If not we could always use those transparent suctions cups to hold them in place.

Btw did the lab guys say if they could make the suction cup holder too ? If not we could always use those transparent suctions cups to hold them in place.

Not even asked that one yet :*) I was thinking of using the normal suction cups as I have painted MDF on the back of my tank at the moment. I suspect that they would be able to given the required specs

all you would need is a whole on the underside of the pipe, and you should be able to pick up a suction cup about 3mm diameter

yeah good tip :) btw with the outflow pipe i think it would be best to use a single piece and have a spraybar fabricated, the lily design would actually cost less compared to a spraybar since it is only a one piece design. ?

Alright new design going to the lab guys

All in one vertical spraybar and 2 different intake pipes. B has the squashed end and C uses slits with the pipe being sealed at the end i.e. rounded

Eheim_Parts_new_design.JPG

I was also offered a sample so I will ask for a section of the pinned out spray bar and a sample for the reducing point of B.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

thats a great idea, makign the output pipe similar to the intake pipe...

I understand the design of intake pipe C, but i dont get design B ? Was that the design proposed by oldwhitewood ? wouldn't the squashed design hinder the flow of water being sucked into the pipe ? This looks easy to make, and a vertical spraybar aint that BAD IMO. A lily pipe is out of the question isn't it ?

STE im gonna pirate your design and print this so i can fax it to the glass blower and FORCE him to give me an estimate hehe

thats a great idea, makign the output pipe similar to the intake pipe...

I understand the design of intake pipe C, but i dont get design B ? Was that the design proposed by oldwhitewood ? wouldn't the squashed design hinder the flow of water being sucked into the pipe ? This looks easy to make, and a vertical spraybar aint that BAD IMO. A lily pipe is out of the question isn't it ?

STE im gonna pirate your design and print this so i can fax it to the glass blower and FORCE him to give me an estimate hehe

Design B as proposed by Oldwhitewood is actually similar to the ADA lily intake. No too sure myself on the flow through the gap but will see what the price is for it anyway.

As to the lily I have sent a picture over to them to see what they think

Go for it on the design but remember to adjust the measurements for the depth of your tank. I've jsut worked those out based on a 18 inch with substrate and allowance for some landscape beneath.

o i c, ok ok il work on this now, il fax it after lunch. :)

ada thailand

i found what you guys were talking about, but i looked at the tanks in the gallery and most of the inlet pipes of the tanks there are the normally designed ones ? without the squashed end

Sent the new drawings over last night and had a response today stating that there should be no problems with making them.
Also sent a picture of a Lily design and it seems that is a possible make as well :D Just need to find out the specs for a Lily head now - The folks over in the states appear to have been getting these made for some time now so I'll ask over there unless anyone round here has the specs?

Ken, Are you adding a sucker to yours? Not factored it in as of yet but they have asked if one os required so may as well

STe

yup, il be adding one to mine, i think that is an important part of the intake outlet :p it would be difficult to attact it without the sucker, it stiks to the outside of the glass right ? this will be an interesting DIY project for the both of us, although it might take longer in my cas....

Most reactions

Back