gimmie a clue

BOD

Fish Herder
Reaction score
(probably get moved oh well)

someone is offering me a syno not sure what species but they are saying it lives in saltwater...what syno's live in salt water then???m so i can look it up im on planetcatfish right now going through them all and havent found one yet... :blink:

No Synodontis species live in saltwater.

i didnt think soooo..i am going to ask again just in case they have gotten this wrong.....how about any catfish species..please do not mention any thing rare as i do not think that this person would have a rare catfish...(its been described as dark coloured, wth black spots and whiskers that all i got...)

i have no idea i havent seen it yet..i will not get to see it till sunday....!!! i will ask for some more information from this person to see what they are going on about...

Very few catfish live in saltwater at all. There are a few things like coral catfishes which are small eel- looking fish that are black with white stripes. They look very cool!

I think that this person is either telling you a porky or genuinly doesnt know what they are doing!.....

Ben

hmmm..im thinking that mayb there ment something else like hardwater rather than salt water nm...once i see it ill probably be able to tell what it is... :lol:

lmao lol! yes....if you want it that is..

ok i recieved them this morning...they are either very dark greeny brown or black with yelloey/orangey spots what are they?

ok i just searched the WHOLE of planet catfishes syno list and the only thing which looks remotly like it is..

Synodontis angelicus Schilthuis, 1891
Common Name Polka Dot Syno
so im guessing that they are these...

in real life? i already have them! :lol:

Most reactions

Back