Getting new Tetras or Harlequin Rasboras soon!!

You can observe the fish and the tank condition in the fish store for a while before buying them.

Observe them carefully and thoroughly and especially when you are picking/selecting them. Make sure that none of them is sick.
Look around the whole tank to see if there is any sick fish.

And probably after they packed your fish in the bag, observe them again as it will be easy to observe them when they are in the plastic bag.
Look for any symptoms of disease.

Here are some info of diseases:

Lastly, as preventive measures, you might want to medicate your tank when you bring the fish back if you suspect they are infected.
Probably, simple medication like using two tablespoons of salt for every 20 liters of water.
But you have to check whether the salt is suitable in case you have other tank inhabitants that are sensitive to salt.

Last edited:
Guys, new update.

I decided to wait until after my birthday, as I will probably get fIsH mOnEyyy!! :hey:

(That will be after the 24 of June)

I wanted to get new fish, but it’s better to wait. (As I may be able to get more.) :nod:

All good things come to those who wait! :)
I am actually hoping to get enough money so I can get a nice shoal of Cory Cats and a school of HR or some other type of Tetra.

But that lies in the hands of my parents, siblings, friends, and grandparents. :whistle:

I am actually hoping to get enough money so I can get a nice shoal of Cory Cats and a school of HR or some other type of Tetra.

But that lies in the hands of my parents, siblings, friends, and grandparents. :whistle:
If they ask what you want ask for pet store gift cards ;)

Most reactions

Back