Getting new Tetras or Harlequin Rasboras soon!!

To keep them from giving it to your new fish.....and to make treatment easier.....
They wouldn’t only spread disease to my other fish, if they have a disease. If they don’t have a disease, they can’t spread disease to my other fish. :huh:

Really? Are you sure? I have harlequins and they are perfectly healthy. I have had them for over a year now and they are probably the hardiest fish I've ever kept.
That’s why I was confused... I’ve always heard that Harlequins are super hardy. :dunno:

Harlequin Rasboras are either good or bad. If they are free of disease and well fed, they are good. But if they come in with a disease (usually a bacterial infection), then they die quickly and kill everything else in the tank.

Harlequin Rasboras are either good or bad. If they are free of disease and well fed, they are good. But if they come in with a disease (usually a bacterial infection), then they die quickly and kill everything else in the tank.
How does bacterial infection in fish form?

Just what colin said, if they're good they're good but if they're bad then they are really bad so it's better not to risk it
Ok, but I don’t have a QT tank. How am I do QT them?

How does bacterial infection in fish form?
The fish can have a bacterial infection when shipped to your country by the breeders in Asia. Or they can get it at the wholesaler in your country.

Bacterial infections are normally caused by poor water quality, dirty environments, and bad, dirty or contaminated food. Bacterial infections can also be introduced into a healthy tank with contaminated fish or water.

----------------------
You can use aplastic storage container as an emergency tank or quarantine tank. Glass or clear Perspex is better but use whatever is available.

If you have a new tank and no other fish in it, then just put the new fish in that and use the display tank to quarantine them.

The fish can have a bacterial infection when shipped to your country by the breeders in Asia. Or they can get it at the wholesaler in your country.

Bacterial infections are normally caused by poor water quality, dirty environments, and bad, dirty or contaminated food. Bacterial infections can also be introduced into a healthy tank with contaminated fish or water.
So how would I QT them? I don’t have an extra tank... :/

Ok, but I don’t have a QT tank. How am I do QT them?
I have heard of some people using Plastic Totes as temporary tanks for fish and/or fry... You could add a sponge filter/air stone to a plastic tote. I have never done this personally, but I have heard that it can be a cost effective way to temporarily house fish.

Pick up a plastic storage container and use that. Or don't bother about quarantining them and hope they don't introduce anything.

I think I’m just going to take my chances. My LFS feeds their fish very well and all of them are healthy.

I’ll keep you guys posted when I get them! :good:

Most reactions

Back