General Species Advice/Recomendation

matt_wilby

Reaction score
I have an old hospital tank which I would like to use to house an interesting species, maybe Dwarf Cichlid. It's an 80 litre tank (75.5 x 39 x 32cm). Can anyone recommend a different and unusual species? As i already have a large community tank I'd like to try someting new.

TIA. :D

hey,

try dwarf african cichlids, riverine species,

Anomalochromis Thomasi, Kribensis, Pseoudocrenilabrus multicolor, Steanocratius....

Funny you should mention that but I was looking at 'Lamprologus Signatus' the other night. Although I can't find this species anywhere. Can anyone recommend an alternative species?

Did you want Cichlids ???
If so what about the Princess cichlid, Brichards Lamprologus or Agassiz's Dwarf Cichlid I the Agassiz or Brichards put they look nice. I have had the Princess are great.

Why not try a trio of colourful Peckoltia sp. or Hypancistrus sp. Catfish? If they get to breed they make a very good investment and their behavior is fascinating to watch!

Check out the Planet Catfish cat-e-log under Loricariidae. There are some little stunners out there.... B)

I've have a pair of Lamprologus Signatus that I bought recently and I am really satisfied with these little shelldwellers. They have a lot of personality. I think you should get them if you can find them. I've enjoyed them.

Couldn't find any Lamp. Signatus in the end. Did find some Lamp. Brevis though. Very pretty but a bit shy.

Thanks for the advice folks.

matt_wilby said:
Couldn't find any Lamp. Signatus in the end. Did find some Lamp. Brevis though. Very pretty but a bit shy.

Thanks for the advice folks.
How about a Firemouth Cichlid? Although, at 75cm, you would only have room for one.

Still, an interesting fish in anyone's language.

Most reactions

Back