Gabriel's Spawn Diary -- F2

6 weeks old already, can you believe it??? It seems like they were just hatched yesterday! So far no missing ventrals or deformed gill plates in this batch, woohoo! Unfortunately a few of the DTs are starting to show small kinks in their spines, but that's expected. There are also a good number of very straight ones :)
I got a new camera for Christmas but I'm still getting the hang of it. It can focus on objects as close as 1 cm from the lense, which is great for fry close-ups :hyper:

Tank shot... we're getting a bigger tank as soon as I clean out my junk closet to make room. How sad that I'm forced to put tanks in the closet because I don't have room elsewhere :lol:
DSCN0024.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

Copper
DSCN0041.jpg

Copper again
DSCN0036.jpg

Shiny light-bodied DT
DSCN0023.jpg

That fry in the back has the best colours of any of them, but he's also the most crooked :/. He has a big kink at the base of his tail. He'll probably be up for adoption later... It's a shame really, he has a little yellow beginning to show on him too.
DSCN0035.jpg

The baby albis, just for show ;)
DSCN0047.jpg

So cute Synirr! Ugh, I know you don't want them to grow up fast, but I do! I want a little DT male and DT female so badly!

So cute Synirr! Ugh, I know you don't want them to grow up fast, but I do! I want a little DT male and DT female so badly!
If you're planning to breed them with one-another you don't... you're likely to get a bunch of extremely crooked fry that way :p

I would like to see more pics, please! :nod: I think it's been long enough since the last batch of pics. :p

I'm updating a couple of hours early as the 2nd is really their 7th week B-day, but so sue me :p

DSCN0135.jpg

DSCN0136.jpg

Odd-eyes. There are actually about 4 of these guys now, but this is the original :wub:
DSCN0140.jpg

Full mask baby on the right
DSCN0142.jpg

Full mask
DSCN0144.jpg

Nice red marble
DSCN0149.jpg

Copper full mask
DSCN0157.jpg

Red with copper highlights, but the highlights didn't show up in the pic :/
DSCN0166.jpg

DSCN0180.jpg

I love these flawless white angels :wub:
DSCN0170.jpg

One of these things doesn't belong.... the fish at the bottom is my runty imbellis that has NEVER grown. I'm hoping a stay with the juvies in a larger tank will change that, but I'm skeptical. Either way, he seems to be enjoying himself.
DSCN0172.jpg

Most reactions

Back