Fun Facts We Didn't Need To Know

Im curious. Tell us more

Many burial 'laws' are not actually laws, but rather a way for mortuaries to make money and make grounds-keeping easier.

Many burial 'laws' are not actually laws, but rather a way for mortuaries to make money and make grounds-keeping easier.
Do you want the bodies 6ft down or 2ft 🤣

Nah joking you are probably right.

Do you want the bodies 6ft down or 2ft 🤣

Nah joking you are probably right.
:lol:

Burial vaults and embalming are often not required by law. Vaults are sold to make money and reduce ground subsidence. You can avoid embalming by packing the coffin with dry ice.

:lol:

Burial vaults and embalming are often not required by law. Vaults are sold to make money and reduce ground subsidence. You can avoid embalming by packing the coffin with dry ice.
Yikes... Idk.
Or maybe I can BMOC... (Build My Own Coffin) 🤣...
Imma be honest, I wouldn't want a body not to be in SOMETHING when buried...

Yikes... Idk.
Or maybe I can BMOC... (Build My Own Coffin) 🤣...
You can, I believe there are plans where you can use it for a bookcase or other furniture, and it does a Transformers thing after you die.
Fun fact - Eastern Orthodox monks often have their coffin in their cell as a reminder of their upcoming and certain death.

You can, I believe there are plans where you can use it for a bookcase or other furniture, and it does a Transformers thing after you die.
Fun fact - Eastern Orthodox monks often have their coffin in their cell as a reminder of their upcoming and certain death.
What do you mean by: "It does a Transformers thing when you die"

Wooooow... That's rough. Why would you do that... It's almost funny but it's not

Flowers can be a lovely or insulting gift depending on how you give it...

Another fun fact:
Originally, bodies were taken from the parlor - that long room in many old country homes where the body was laid out - on a flat board, since it was awkward to carry the body by the arms and legs, out to the family plot out back. Later on, sides and a top were added. The coffin was born!

Another fun fact:
Originally, bodies were taken from the parlor - that long room in many old country homes where the body was laid out - on a flat board, since it was awkward to carry the body by the arms and legs. Later on, sides and a top were added. The coffin was born!
That's really interesting! Thank you for sharing!

You rearrange the pieces, add some glue and screws, viola!, a coffin.
Ohhhhh... I thought you meant it did it automatically for some reason 🤣

The difference between a graveyard and a cemetery:
A graveyard is on church property, separate from the churchyard. As the number of interred grew larger than the church property had room for, graves were located outside in specialized locations called cemeteries.

For those who do not get the reference to the ring of fire

Johnny Cash did not write the song, he just recorded it. (The song was co-written by Cash’s to-be-wife, June Carter, as well as singer-songwriter Merle Kilgore)
Johnny Cash was an ordained minister.
Johnny Cash was not his real name. (Johnny grew up being J.R. Cash in Arkansas. It was only when Cash joined the Air Force in 1950 that he assigned himself a name, as the recruiter would not accept a candidate with initials for a name. With the snap of a finger, J.R. became John R. Cash.)

Most reactions

Back