Fry And Shrimp

I'd say no, but I guess it really depends since 'ghost shrimp' can in fact refer to alot of different species.
Small ghost shrimp would no doubt be fine, but not adults...they do have small claws and can easily catch livebearer fry.

However, amano shrimp dont have claws, and predominantly eat algae.

Ghost shrimp do have claws, and are opportunistic scavengers.

Having said that about amano shrimp, I've recently seen some evidently hungry ones catch and eat known them to eat platy/swordtail fry, so watch out.

Having said that about amano shrimp, I've recently seen some evidently hungry ones catch and eat known them to eat platy/swordtail fry, so watch out.

The question (I guess) is do they do more good than harm. Sure they may catch and eat the odd fry (and I have no experience in the matter) but they are supposedly a great clean up crew and will no doubt prevent fa

The question (I guess) is do they do more good than harm? Sure they may catch and eat the odd fry (and I have no experience in the matter) but they are supposedly a great clean up crew and will no doubt prevent problems caused by polluted tanks.

i have six 1" ghost with my fry and they only eat the dead and dieing ones so i say go for it

Most reactions

Back