For bkkgroup....

Here is Xc4, a copper crossbreed splendens/imbellis:

Attachments

• zz_Xc4.jpg
    zz_Xc4.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 38
Here is Zen, the 4th copper crossbreed. He is the 2nd most aggressive of my coppers, next to Vega.

Attachments

• zz_Zen.jpg
    zz_Zen.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 29
Adon, another Thai fighter.

Attachments

• zz_Adon3.jpg
    zz_Adon3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 49
And his nemesis the Viet fighter - Evil Ryu!

Attachments

• zz_EvilRyu.jpg
    zz_EvilRyu.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 39
Ugh!!! They are soooooo beautiful!!! You have an awesome collection of bettas Itty....absolutely gorgeous. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I would like to nominate Xc4 for BOTM.... :D

it's great to see the plakats getting some show time finally ;) "fighters" are some of the coolest bettas out there, you can tell just by looking at them the pure power they possess, they show everyone else "don't mess with me..." :sly:

Another of Adon, the Thai fighter:

Attachments

• zz_Adon049.jpg
    zz_Adon049.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 42
And one more of Evil Ryu

Attachments

• zz_EvilRyu038.jpg
    zz_EvilRyu038.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 29
freshmike said:
Ryu is amazing..... :wub:
And a killer. He wants to crash through the container every time he sees Tugboat. :crazy:

Here is Tugboat. He's almost 3 inches long and twice the size of Evil Ryu.

Attachments

• zz_tugboat.jpg
    zz_tugboat.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 36
Nice Fighters Itty. How many you have and where did you get them for how much? Also are these fish real fighters that have been bred just for fighting fish? Or are they just show plakats that wouldn't do the best in a fight?

shimanocono said:
Nice Fighters Itty. How many you have and where did you get them for how much? Also are these fish real fighters that have been bred just for fighting fish? Or are they just show plakats that wouldn't do the best in a fight?
I've gotten all my fighters, except Shiva, from Chinatown. They were bred for the fight arena, not the show arena. They are skittish and tempermental. They will not beg for food. They are not playful like the fancy fins.

Yep, they are very nice fish though. How many you got and what size tanks are they kept in? I know a guy who breeds bettas for fighting. From what I've heard his fighters do really well, but you don't fight your fish do you? I'm 99.9% sure you don't.

shimanocono said:
Yep, they are very nice fish though. How many you got and what size tanks are they kept in? I know a guy who breeds bettas for fighting. From what I've heard his fighters do really well, but you don't fight your fish do you? I'm 99.9% sure you don't.
I get my guys from Chinatown for $3.00. I have 11 of them and they are kept in bare quart containers with water changes every 3rd day. They are used in sparring practice for a guy I know who goes to an arena to fight his expensive fighters. They are put in for 2 minutes. No more, no less. A lot of times it's body pushing and flaring. No one goes for the immediate bite, sometimes a Thai fighter will, but it's nothing but a few jabs. They are removed after any real damage is done. Again, it's sparring, culling the species. I don't mind a little scrap now and then, but the real fights last for an average of 2 hours and I won't bring my guys to an arena. They usually square off for the first 10 minutes or so sizing each other up.

Most reactions

Back