Football Banter/discussion Thread

So...Suarez allegedly racially abuses Evra SEVEN times in two minutes?? That's once every 18 seconds...
I still think that if he had,why didn't Evra say something at the time???

Friends in high places,from what I hear.....

Derby won again against West Ham, brilliant first half display. Meanwhile Florest are still rotting in the relegation zone, they haven't scored in 7 games...

So it's not Liverpool's year then?

Shame that we've kicked into gear on the penultimate day of the year! :hey:

I'm going to wait to tonight's match before I say anything.

Actually thinking about it it's a win win for Liverpool. If you win a top four finish is back on and if you lose you've done Man United over. A draw is good in both cases.

Well your great start didn't last long.

sorry im a bit late with this, only just removed myself from the ceiling after jumping into it :

030994-newcastle-utd-v-manchester-utd.jpg

3-0 !!!!!!

unreal, thats the best ive seen us play in a very long time, certainly this season, maybe since the 5-1 smashing of sunderland. was a joy to watch, we weren't 100% in control all the time, but we rode out the brief spells of danger, made man utd look very ordinary, and scored some beast goals. on one hand obviously im glad we won, on the other, i dont like to see one team getting away at the top like man city now are, though the win means the chasing teams are closer in. nobody has been taking any notice of spurs while we've all been laughing at chelsea and arsenal, and assuming the 2 manchester clubs will fight on. they should beat everton, win their game in hand, and go second. i like spurs.

Ba was immense yet again, and everytime Tiote went within 5 yards of a tackle he seemed to end up with the ball. shame they have to go to the african cup of nations, will be a big loss for us, probably the 2 most important players along with coloccini and krul. but as long as we dont drop more than a couple of places while they're gone, i think we should be alright.

Why did this thread die out?
Well, maybe it's time to start it up again. For American Football, I'm rooting for the Pats - Mac Jones is having an outstanding rookie year...they just might make the Superbowl. I also follow the Chiefs and Bucs. Big Bucs game Sunday vs the Bills.....go Brady!

Last edited:
Cmon The Lions, the super bowl is ours for the taking!*

*Is it obvious that I don’t take as much notice as I did in the mid 80s?

Forgot all about this thread... Derby still in the ****, in administration and close to being liquidated 😂

Bucs beat Bills in overtime...what a game!
Go Brady! Go Tamp Bay Bucs!

bunch of pussy Americans needing body armor and helmets to play football.
pfft, rugby players and ozzie rules football players don't wear body armor :)

nobody even try to add soccer players to this coz they aren't football players, they bounce the ball off their head like sideshow attractions at a circus :)

bunch of pussy Americans needing body armor and helmets to play football.
pfft, rugby players and ozzie rules football players don't wear body armor :)

nobody even try to add soccer players to this coz they aren't football players, they bounce the ball off their head like sideshow attractions at a circus :)
Imagine sailing with helmets. Pffffff we don't need helmets! Only sissies need helmets!

But I bet you wear a life preserver when sailing
Who said anything about lifejackets? I can sail without a lifejacket! The only reason I wear one is because my class rules make me! If it didn't, I wouldn't! Why would i wear a protective device designed to keep me from dying? Why should I if I don't have to?

(Yes, this is a joke. You should always wear a lifejacket while sailing)

Most reactions

Back