Fishless cycling

It depends. Saturday to yesterday is 4 days. Could you tell is if you've done any of the following -

Have you added any bottled bacteria? If so, which brand?
Have you put any media from another tank in there?
Are there any live plants in the tank?
Or have you just put brand new substrate, maybe bits of new wood or rocks and added nothing but the ammonia?

Bottled bacteria could have dropped the ammonia level in 4 days.
Media from another tank will have bacteria in it, so that would have dropped the ammonia level.
Plants use ammonia as fertiliser so lots of plants would have dropped the ammonia level in 4 days.
If everything is brand new, there are no plants, no media from another tank and you have not added bottled bacteria, then and only then do you need to add more ammonia.

But don't do anything until we know the answers to the questions!

Have you added any bottled bacteria? If so, which brand?

The quick start by Api
Have you put any media from another tank in there?
No i havent
Are there any live plants in the tank?
Or have you just put brand new substrate, maybe bits of new wood or rocks and added nothing but the ammonia?

No live plants or media from another tank or new substrate. Everything is brand new.

Besides the amm9nis poured only once same day i added the spi quick start beacteria thats it

The Quick Start may account for it. Many of these bottled bacteria contain the correct ammonia eaters, though I have no idea if this brand is one of them.

I would not add any more ammonia yet as you cannot know the ppm ammonia when it was added.

Follow the method on here.

You should be testing for ammonia and nitrite every third day. You added ammonia last Saturday so the testing schedule is test for ammonia and nitrite on Tuesday (10th), Friday (13th), Monday (16th) and so on until you reach a day where ammonia is less than 0.75 ppm and nitrite is over 2.0 ppm. You need both those levels not just one of them. Do not add any more ammonia until then.
When you get those readings, let us know and we'll talk you though the next step.

The Quick Start may account for it. Many of these bottled bacteria contain the correct ammonia eaters, though I have no idea if this brand is one of them.

I would not add any more ammonia yet as you cannot know the ppm ammonia when it was added.

You should be testing for ammonia and nitrite every third day. You added ammonia last Saturday so the testing schedule is test for ammonia and nitrite on Tuesday (10th), Friday (13th), Monday (16th) and so on until you reach a day where ammonia is less than 0.75 ppm and nitrite is over 2.0 ppm. You need both those levels not just one of them. Do not add any more ammonia until then.
When you get those readings, let us know and we'll talk you though the next step.
Ok I will test the water parameters tomorrow after work n will post it . Thank you

Ok here are the water test from the fishless cycl8ng 125 gallons tank.

Nitrate between 5.0 - 10 ppm

Nitrites 0.25 ppm

Ammonia 2.0

Ph 7.6

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240915_091038_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240915_091038_Gallery.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240915_091033_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240915_091033_Gallery.jpg
    627.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240915_091029_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240915_091029_Gallery.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240915_091025_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240915_091025_Gallery.jpg
    623.6 KB · Views: 4
Nitrite has begun to show up, so test ammonia and nitrite again in 3 days. The latest readings have not reached the targets for adding more ammonia, so it's a waiting game now to reach those targets.

Most reactions

Back