Fishless cycling

How much did you add at the start (number of spoons) and how many ppm did that give? I've lost track of how much was added and what type of ammonia.

How much did you add at the start (number of spoons) and how many ppm did that give? I've lost track of how much was added and what type of ammonia.
First time I cause i didn't know n made a mistake n added way more than I should have it was way too much n youbtold me to do abig water change which I did n things went down.
Right now ammonia was 0.50 n nitrites still 2.0.

I think k o,ce u /old me 4 teaspoon were the amount 4 my tank bcause even when the tank is 125 Gallons I should assume only the tanknis 100 gallons. N the ammonia I bought says 4 drops per gallons

The tank is 125 gallons. The water in there will be less than that because the quoted volume includes the gap of air above the water, any substrate and decor in the tank. You know how much substrate and decor is in there - you have maybe 115 gallons with a bit of substrate and no decor to 100 gallons for deep substrate and lots of decor.

Dr Tim's ammonium chloride says to use 4 drops per gallon, and that 100 drops = 5ml = 1 teaspoon and that 300 drops = 15 ml = 1 tablespoon.

So for thin substrate and no decor (115 gallons) you need 4 x 115 drops = 460 drops. To use spoons this is 4 and two thirds teaspoons or 1 tablespoon plus 1 and two thirds teaspoons. This gives around 2.5 ppm ammonia in the tank.
For the 1 ppm dose, you need 153 drops or 1 and a half teaspoons.

For deep substrate and a lot of decor (100 gallons) you need 4 x 100 drops = 400 drops. This is the same as 4 teaspoons or 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon.
For the 1 ppm dose you need 134 drops which is the same as 1 and one third teaspoon.

Add the ammonia, wait half an hour and test for ammonia to check the level is OK.

The tank is 125 gallons. The water in there will be less than that because the quoted volume includes the gap of air above the water, any substrate and decor in the tank. You know how much substrate and decor is in there - you have maybe 115 gallons with a bit of substrate and no decor to 100 gallons for deep substrate and lots of decor.

Dr Tim's ammonium chloride says to use 4 drops per gallon, and that 100 drops = 5ml = 1 teaspoon and that 300 drops = 15 ml = 1 tablespoon.

So for thin substrate and no decor (115 gallons) you need 4 x 115 drops = 460 drops. To use spoons this is 4 and two thirds teaspoons or 1 tablespoon plus 1 and two thirds teaspoons. This gives around 2.5 ppm ammonia in the tank.
For the 1 ppm dose, you need 153 drops or 1 and a half teaspoons.

For deep substrate and a lot of decor (100 gallons) you need 4 x 100 drops = 400 drops. This is the same as 4 teaspoons or 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon.
For the 1 ppm dose you need 134 drops which is the same as 1 and one third teaspoon.

Add the ammonia, wait half an hour and test for ammonia to check the level is OK.
Ok, thank you very much brother. I will do that today

Most reactions

Back