Fish123Fish's Juwel Rio 125 Marine Reef

Also my Powerheads (the new koralia evos) are actually quite loud :/ I thought they were supposed to be quite?

my old ones used to be a bit loud but got silent within a few hours.

my old ones used to be a bit loud but got silent within a few hours.

Oh I see, my ones have been running for about 3 days and it got to the point last night that I had to un-plug them just to get some sleep. This is my 2nd tank in my room and the first one is pretty much silent apart from dripping water but I find that quite relaxing.

In a minute I'm off to get some more RO water just to finish off and I will get 5kg of LR to seed the substrate. I understand that the cycle will start all over again when I add the other 15kg but as funds are low this month I haven't been able to do as much as I wanted as its was a normal pay. But with all the over-time I've done and doing this month will leave me with a bit more to play with ;) Baisically 12hr days 7 days a week :lol:.

Just got back from the LFS and I have now filled my tank :) it took 100 l to fill it so I don't know where they got 125 l from :lol:

Should be getting some LR next week once the tank has stabalised, I'm currently looking at 70 degrees f and a SG of 1.020 so A bit to go.

There were loads of corals on the rock! Polyps, mushrooms and what looked like some sort of tree coral :)

it is 120L :good: most jerry cans say like 25L but most are about 28-30L. that rock must be the best u can buy.

:lol: I was amazed too :) there was a whole lump of rock covered in light brown polyps! Hopefully it will still be there when I go to get it :) still waiting for that tank to stabalise :( 81 degrees and 1.023 SG.

All good now :) tank at 78 degrees and the salainity at 1.024.

Should be getting the LR tomorrow! All 16kgs of it :) Hopefully they will still have the bits with the coral on :) will also take some pictures! I have been holding off as there isn't much to show you as its just a tank with water in :lol:

:lol: Okay seffie, will do!

I think I will wait for my dad's camera as its better than the rubbishy phone camera I have.

As I have been called in to work at 12-7:30 today I will take it in the evening :)

Pop back tonight.

Much to seffie's demand here are the first pictures:

I'll start with some FTS-

100_1329.jpg

100_1330.jpg

Some hardware-

100_1345.jpg

The salt, substrate and equipment-

Refractometer
100_1343.jpg

Instant Ocean salt 22kg
100_1340.jpg

Jerry cans (25l)
100_1338.jpg

The crushed coral (10lbs)
100_1337.jpg

Agronite 'sugar sized' sand
100_1335.jpg

I mixed them together to give it a textured subsrate that would enable jawfish and a goby shrimp pair to live in and build their homes with.

This is what it looks like in the aquarium
100_1331.jpg

It's only a little bit in there as I wanted to see what it looked like :lol: too excited! You have all advised me to add sand after LR so I think I better go along with it :good:

LIVE ROCK TOMORROW!

So excited I've started planning how I want my scape to look... I want it to start quite high then slope downwards to one side. Kinda hard to explain but I'll take a few pics tomorrow :).

EDIT: Excuse the poster in the background of some of the pictures its quite rude :lol: :blush:

Excellent, you will be glad you took photos right from the start, when you read it back in a years time :good:

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back