Fish Ideas For New Tank

Sharpey1993

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have just got a new 4ft tank It currently has my old fish stock of 4 tiger barbs 1 redtail shark 1 bristle nose 1 synadotis catfish 2 angel fish any idea on fish I can add as tank looks completely empty lol if anyone has any ideas about other species of fish I am willing to put them back into my old tank so all ideas excepted cheers

I would get 6 more tiger barbs for a start. They are shoaling fish, and quite boisterous ones. Normally a group of 8-10 of them keeps the aggression between themselves, without them trying to have a go at the angels.

As the shark grows older, it will become increasingly territorial, so keep an eye on it, and be prepared to rehouse it if necessary.

Because you have these fish, anything else that you choose must be capable of standing up for themselves - a shoal of Buenos Aires Tetras might work, again you would need 8-10 of them.

Cheers for the advice I was think maybe some corys and some rummy noes tetras and maybe a German blue ram as well cheers

THe Redtail black shark (RTBS, cos I'm too lazy to type it all) will eventually attack the cories, as I said it's a maturity thing, they get very aggressive when they get older, and the cories will bear the brunt of it, as they will be in the same territory that the RTBS will consider its own. LIkewise the GBR, being a cichlid, and therefore predominantly a bottom-dweller, will get attacked by the RTBS.

Rummynoses will struggle to compete for food with the tiger barbs, they are quiet, sedate, peaceful fish, whereas the tiger barbs are little wossnames.

You currently have what I would class as a "semi-aggressive" tank - you need to make sure that anything else that goes in there falls into the same category.

Ok once again thank you for the advice cheers
Tbh I might just put my retail into a different tank or look at re homing him cheers

Most reactions

Back