Fish I.d

Typically, yes. All fish can be different. Mattlee has his FH with all sorts of cichlids and he has had no issues what so ever. Don't get me wrong, non are near his size which could have an effect, but he seems very laid back indeed.

This is the sort of answer I was hoping for.. Although I know just because his flowerhorn has accepted tank mates doesn't mean mine will. I know it's still a gamble but its better than getting a straight up "no! It can't be done". :)

It has already nailed a 6 inch JD and even a friends buttikoferi that was between 7-8 inches lol. It was an idea from a friend of mine to give it a go... The butti lasted overnight... Know I have to pay for a new butti for him in return lol

This is the reason I'm very unsure of trying anything else as butti's are known to be aggressive but it wasn't to be lol

Oh yeah I'm definitely keeping the flowerhorn... And iv decided to keep the dovii :good: did cross my mind to rehome it but I just can't lol

I'm absolutely gutted :( I went to feed the dovii earlier and found him on the floor... He was dried up and had died :( not entirely sure as to how he managed to get out. There are no gaps in the lid and the lid was down (rio 400 with original lid).

The 8 foot tank upgrade is still going ahead beginning of next year but im now unsure as to what fish I want to stock it with. I think I will be keeping the flowerhorn alone in the 5 footer though as his aggression is only getting worse. He's at the stage now where he is attacking the syphon when I'm doing a sand vac and he tries to attack my hands too. Don't think he will take kindly to another fish being in his tank

Most reactions

Back