First Aquarium: 20 G Tank Diary// Update: Aspen Is Dead...

technically you didnt give him better water conditions as you put him in an unfiltered tiny tank, its not healthy for them, it will still have been cycling so...

just relax, you're making your life hard with all these excessive water changes, 1-10ppm ammonia will do nothing to your fish...it sucks when fish die at first, but you'll begin to care little as i do when it happens..(i feed dead fish to my crayfish for a laugh)

First of all, the ammonia is at 0 now and fine...

Second...

1-10 PPM ammonia will do NOTHING? Even as a somewhat noobish fishkeeper, I know that 10ppm ammonia is BAD.

it does nothing, simple as. only when it gets to high things such as 100pm are problems likely to occur...
sorry to hear about your stiff fish, the tank is not ideal but if you change the water daily it should be okay for a while, also, i wouldn't put those tanks together as it will stress the fighters out, becuase they are constantly flaring etc

just relax, you're making your life hard with all these excessive water changes, 1-10ppm ammonia will do nothing to your fish...it sucks when fish die at first, but you'll begin to care little as i do when it happens..(i feed dead fish to my crayfish for a laugh)

First of all, the ammonia is at 0 now and fine...

Second...

1-10 PPM ammonia will do NOTHING? Even as a somewhat noobish fishkeeper, I know that 10ppm ammonia is BAD.

it does nothing, simple as. only when it gets to high things such as 100pm are problems likely to occur...
sorry to hear about your stiff fish, the tank is not ideal but if you change the water daily it should be okay for a while, also, i wouldn't put those tanks together as it will stress the fighters out, becuase they are constantly flaring etc
AOD, are you perhaps referring to nitrate rather than ammonia?

Um... As I said my ammonia problem is over... Thanks for your input?

I kept the tanks next to each other, but I only let them flare at each other for like 3 mins before I put a piece of paper in between. D;

AOD, you really need to review your information. Not just about ammonia, either, you've given some other advice that makes PetSmart part time sales reps look knowledgeable.

In cold water at a pH of 4, 100 ppm of ammonia is still an immediately dangerous level of toxic ammonia. That's about the best case scenario for ammonia toxicity.

AOD, you really need to review your information. Not just about ammonia, either, you've given some other advice that makes PetSmart part time sales reps look knowledgeable.

In cold water at a pH of 4, 100 ppm of ammonia is still an immediately dangerous level of toxic ammonia. That's about the best case scenario for ammonia toxicity.
lol, what over dodgey advice have i given?

Most reactions

Back