Finished setting up my tank!

fishiee

Reaction score
I just finished setting up my tank (10 gallon)! What do you guys think? Also, does it have enough plants for me to use the silent cycle method?
IMG_4226.jpg

Looks good :) I think so, you may consider adding some floating plants. They are great at absorbing ammonia

You have several good plants, depends on what fish and how many you plane to add. Remember a 10 gallon tank is like living in a closet for most medium to larger fish so I would look at small fish if you want a couple. The other question is very important. Do you have hard or soft water

You have several good plants, depends on what fish and how many you plane to add. Remember a 10 gallon tank is like living in a closet for most medium to larger fish so I would look at small fish if you want a couple. The other question is very important. Do you have hard or soft water
Somewhere in between.

One last question, when should I start adding fish?

What a great looking 10 gallon tank. My first thought was that you should enter our Tank of the Month contest. The next one starts on June 1st and will feature tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller.

Meanwhile please vote in our present TOTM contest. Just click on the banner at the top of the forums, check out the entries, and then VOTE!

Last edited:
What a great looking 10 gallon tank. My first thought was that you should enter our Tank of the Month contest. The next one starts on June 1st and will feature tanks sized and 16 US gallons and smaller.

Meanwhile please vote in our present TOTM contest. Just click on the banner at the top of the forums, check out the entries, and then VOTE!
Find your GH, it should be able to be found on you local water providers website

As far as adding fish, do a base line water test to see what your current water reading are.(should be 0) Find out your water type so we can help you pick out the fish that will be healthy in your water type. Then you are ready to go. I can go over the silent cycle process with you if you like then.

Beautiful collection of plants.
Plant info. The plant at the very front left corner is a Windelov Java Fern. It should not be planted
but instead attached to a rock or wood or tank decoration. The plant has a rinzone (spelling) that will rot if buried in substrate.

Beautiful collection of plants.
Plant info. The plant at the very front left corner is a Windelov Java Fern. It should not be planted
but instead attached to a rock or wood or tank decoration. The plant has a rinzone (spelling) that will rot if buried in substrate.
Thank you!

Most reactions

Back