female Betta community

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Willday123

Reaction score
Hi
the idea Im after is a centrepiece fish I.e the female Betta, and other different types of smaller fish/shrimp/snails.

my tank is 105L 76x48x37cm

water hardness is 13.2 (German) hard to very hard
Ph level - 7.6

Any ideas with qtys would be appreciate...I will start the cycle tomorrow
Any ideas with qtys would be appreciate...I will start the cycle tomorrow

I‘m sorry, a little confused. Are you trying to find compatible fish to go with a female betta or trying to do a sorority of more than one betta with other fish?

Neon tetras can sometimes do alright with bettas. No fish with fancy tails or the betta May mistake them for another betta. :)

I have female guppies with my female betta, there has been no nipping at all, there isn’t even chasing. The male guppies pestered her all the time, but female has been okay so far.

I have female guppies with my female betta, there has been no nipping at all, there isn’t even chasing. The male guppies pestered her all the time, but female has been okay so far.
I had female and male gups with my male betta and were doing really great :)
Loved that so much, I really want to do betta tank community again.

OP, it all depemds on temperament of your betta so I would recommend you getting a spare tank, heater and a filter for the betta if your idea backfires.

My male betta doesn’t tolerate any other fish except his albino catfish friends. My female sorority group get along fine with guppy’s & neons. But I find female bettas are very delicate creatures.

My male betta doesn’t tolerate any other fish except his albino catfish friends. My female sorority group get along fine with guppy’s & neons. But I find female bettas are very delicate creatures.
Tank size? How many of them do you have?

It depends on your bettas personality. Endlers, neons, ember tetras, nerite snails, sometimes shrimp could work. Just make sure to have a backup plan.

What is your GH? Female bettas (and males) and guppies are not compatible because they have different water requirements

What is your GH? Female bettas (and males) and guppies are not compatible because they have different water requirements
Apparently not, however I have observed in my own tank that my betta glows with health and my guppies die usually within 3-4 months. My water is ideal for guppies not betta and no my betta did not cause their deaths. When you follow the rules rigidly and everything goes wrong and you bend them a little with greater success it does call into question the rules a bit.

Apparently not, however I have observed in my own tank that my betta glows with health and my guppies die usually within 3-4 months. My water is ideal for guppies not betta and no my betta did not cause their deaths. When you follow the rules rigidly and everything goes wrong and you bend them a little with greater success it does call into question the rules a bit.
Just moved two female gups in with my betta, he will chase them now and then and then leaves them.

Most reactions

Back