Expensive Corys.

Ginge

Betta Extermination Team!!!
Reaction score
Just went to my LFS and most of the cories there are £15 each or £40 for 3 they are about 1" is this expensize? it seemed very to me?

My lfs sell full grown adult Sterbai for £12.50 each

What exactly were they @ £15 each ?

man we must have the best cory shop near us

we can get those lazer's for just a few quid, shed loads of rare cory's and they can get hold of plenty of stuff for you. Never seen any of them over a fiver. Someone said the other day julii should be about £8, mine were £2.50! :D

have a look on the tri mar site theres corys on there selling for 4 for £100- believe they are a new type of cory though!

That sounds insane - even in London shops I've never seen peppers or bronze or even albino over £2.50 each :S

My lfs sell full grown adult Sterbai for £12.50 each

What exactly were they @ £15 each ?

Hi Bloo, how big were the fully grown Sterbai's? I've been to many LFS but have any seen them sell cories that are 1"-1.5", have never seen adult cories being sold.

I have seen some bronze adult cories in a display tank that were 3.5", but looked huge due to its height and girth. But I was curious to know how big the sterbai adults were. The sterbai's I have were $12 AUD each, but are only 1", so I assume they have lots of growing left in them! :)

Back to the topic, most bronze/albino cories sold here in Oz are about $4 AUD each or 3 for $10, these are the most common cory species being sold, other species cost a bit more.

have a look on the tri mar site theres corys on there selling for 4 for £100- believe they are a new type of cory though!

The one's you were talking about are called Weitzmani. I have seen these on line before, not ever at the LFS's. But at that price, I think they are a bit mad. I have seen some cories before that were really large and not one's I'd seen before and they wanted £27-50 each or 3 for £60-00. A bit mad, but I suppose it's because they are wild caught and not easily found in shops. :S

They were a good 2.5" and really nice and stout with gorgeous markings and striking orange fins - so definitley worth it I think.
The slightly smaller ones are usually around £10

Hi Bloo, how big were the fully grown Sterbai's? I've been to many LFS but have any seen them sell cories that are 1"-1.5", have never seen adult cories being sold.

You can get Bronze, Albino, and Peppered jsut about anywhere around here. But the rarer cories, like the Laser C. Aeneus are no where to be found. Ive looked every where for them. I see them online, but they are expensive there too.

Most reactions

Back