Eheim External Filters Which One?

eel

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm looking to change my external filter for my tank which is 55 gallons ( 250lts )at the moment I looking at getting a Rena XP3 or a Fluval 405 I would also not mind a Eheim but there are so many different models I haven't a clue which one would be the perfect one for my tank. Most filters on ebay which people have listed doesn't have much info about them.
Can anyone recommend a Eheim which would be ideal for my tank Thanks

the rena XP series are very good filters. i have 2 XP3's on my 55G and they run quiet and do an excellent job :good:

ive only ever had 1 eheim that was a classic 2215 or 2213 cant remember... its not in the garage collecting dust as it just kept on getting full of trapped air and running very noisey. i tried everything to stop it but couldnt get it running right :angry:

I would strongly recommend the Eheim 3e, 2076. I run the 2076 on ca. 215 litre aquariums (heavily planted and Malawi) with excellent results. Maintenance is also very easy.

I got the 405, and it's dead quiet and easy to set up. Getting to the media isn't a chore either.

Thanks for your replies I've decided not to go with the fluval 405 because the flow rate per hr is less than the one I have. Is a aqua one 1250 any good?

my reccomendation would be eheim classic 2217+ i run 2 on my 100g they are fantastic filters .

i use Unlmax 250 professional External canister filter Ulta silent no vibration supper effective up to 1000l/h extra large 8l and you can fix in a uv/lamp or a heater and you can use any make of pad filter pad in it to

You can't go wrong with an Eheim from the "Classic Range", Yes they are a little harder to set up (no self priming feature) but these babies are true workhorses I have 3 in all and would never ever swap them for any other make or model. The service these filters provide and have given me are second to none IMO.
Regards
C

Most reactions

Back